MST3K Double Features

You could pair Outlaw with one of the other cheesecake factories: Catalina Caper, or maybe Wild World of Batwoman. I’m trying to think of another '80s (MST3K) film that was just an excuse to show skin for 90 minutes…

6 Likes

Space Mutiny is the obvious choice here.

6 Likes

Devil Fish and Killer Fish, together at last :slight_smile:

AND both movies have a Louie Anderson reference, so it’s meant to be!!

11 Likes

The Ben Murphy Duo: Being From Another Planet and Riding With Death!

7 Likes

Master Ninja I and II in a row is interesting, but next time kick it up a notch and watch:
Master Ninja I
The Castle of Fu Manchu
Master Ninja II
Strangely enough, the deep hurting of Fu was sandwiched between the two Master Ninja episodes during the initial run. Watching 322-324 in order reveals call backs in Fu one might not pick up on otherwise! Fun, if you can handle it!

9 Likes

Laserblast and Gorgo: the Leonard Maltin double feature.

12 Likes

Hi, I’m Peter Graves. Beginning of the End and Parts: The Clonus Horror, tonight on Biography.

15 Likes

The failed TV pilot double feature: Code Name Diamond Head and San Francisco International.

14 Likes

We have a word for that kind of sandwich…

5 Likes

San Francisco International went to series. Stranded in Space would be the other failed pilot.

10 Likes

I would have paired Beginning of the End and It Conquered the World, which seem to me like much more similar movies.

10 Likes

If that’s the case, pair the tension of San Francisco International with the mellowness of Riding With Death.

6 Likes

And you need that sort of mellowing out after finding out that all those people down there are getting divorced because of you.

7 Likes

The Crawling Eye and Attack of the the Eye Creatures for eye-related fright.

Granted, one movie’s way more competent than the other.

9 Likes

I think I’m gonna start pairing Killer Fish with Beyond Atlantis for a double helping of 70s criminals searching for treasure in tropical locales.

11 Likes

Ah, right. I know what messed me up… somebody from the SFI pilot–Pernell Roberts, maybe?–was booted from the cast before going to series. Somehow I thought they never went to series. Thanks for the correction.

5 Likes

If it makes you feel better, it only lasted six more episodes, so it failed pretty hard.

Fun Fact: It was part of a rotating program block of debuting series, which also included MST fan favorite McCloud.

6 Likes

Divorced from reality? Big deal. That’s not exactly rare. :wink:

3 Likes

Gamera vs. Barugon plus Gorgo

Can’t wait for that Kabuki theater version of Waiting For Gorgo.

5 Likes

Reality and I are having a trial separation to see if we can’t work our issues out through therapy.

9 Likes