Hard times with MST3K

Being a fan of this wonderful little cow town show for,… well decades now, life has ups and downs…
That being said I’ve watched episodes and even the whole original 198 episodes running through the gambit of grief.
So 3rd day in with C-19, and besides vitamins and other healthy choices. I find myself watching all sorts from Cinimatic Titanic, Rifftrax and The Mads are Back!, anybody have a favorite episode or movie by the current or original MST3K crew?

14 Likes

Any of the Russo-Finnish movies like The Sword and the Dragon.

9 Likes

vanilla ice 90s GIF

6 Likes

Rifftrax:

Birdemic
Julie and Jack
Miami Connection
Cool as Ice
City of the Dead
A Talking Cat!?!
Radical Jack
Guy from Harlem
Samurai Cop
Bermuda Triangle

These were all free on Amazon Prime, but not sure if that’s still the case. Some are now free on Youtube as well.

5 Likes

Seconded. Day The Earth Froze is my personal favorite, but you can never go wrong with the Troika!

8 Likes

Jeez… just thinking yesterday that I might want to watch this one again.

I’ve achieved the trashy, apolitical version of the 1984 finale.

Anyone got any Victory Gin™?

5 Likes

Original MST: Werewolf, Moon Zero Two, Danger! Death Ray (I watch this one a lot when I’m down), Beast of Yucca Flats, Hercules against the Moon Men.

New MST: Yongary, Beast of Hollow Mountain, Loves of Hercules.

CT: The Alien Factor

RT: Bridget and MJ’s Sherlock Holmes movies, Crater Lake Monster, Pressure Point, Night of the Lepus, RT Live Star Raiders.

6 Likes

For me, being sick came to mean it was time to binge & rebinge the original Jurassic Park trilogy.
I only just recently discovered an iRiff of The Lost World, which along with the Mike & Weird Al riff of the first and the Matthew Elliott riff of the 3rd, allows a totally riffed dino-sickness treatment.

Any mst3k experiments where people are transformed by exposire to something (Werewolf, It Lives By Night, etc) also seem like a good choice.

Continue getting well :facepunch::beers:

3 Likes

Mac & Me is a family get-well tonic, as is a dose of Mr. B Natural and The Chicken of Tomorrow.

I also like a bit of The Thing That Couldn’t Die and Soultaker when things get dire. Whatever doesn’t kill you and all that.

5 Likes

“PreTty NiCe!”

4 Likes

I’m bummed I’ve never been able to get into these. I’m hoping to entice my daughter into watching them when she gets a bit older, maybe that would help me appreciate them.

2 Likes

I watched a lot of these after my amputation. My go to episodes are werewolf, boggy creek 2, final sacrifice, and eegah

7 Likes

Television movie episodes (in order of favorites):

San Francisco International
Code Name: Diamond Head
Master Ninja I & II
Riding with Death
Stranded in Space

SST Deathflight is also a good episode though being KTMA, the riffing is much lighter, but it’s still fun to watch since the movie itself is one of those “all-star casts” TV movies (like Mike said in San Francisco, airport movies are the watering hole for B-movie actors).

4 Likes

Wow hardly hear about S.F.I
A good list thanks

3 Likes

Great list!
Did ya paint your Duck yet?

5 Likes

I just finished CT Alien Factor last night hadn’t seen it in a while it was so funny.

7 Likes

Is a talking Cat?! Really good?

2 Likes

It’s my all-time favorite episode; I give it props every chance I can! Hope you feel better!

4 Likes

Every time I see this topic pop up on the front page of the forum, I think of Dusty Rhodes saying it.

dusty rhodes GIF

6 Likes

I’m not that familiar with Rhodes but the voice coming out of that gif alternates between Chris Farley and Patton Oswalt in my brain.

2 Likes