Notes on the "No Politics" Rule (with a side of the "Be Kind" Rule)

That’s not what I meant, though.

Never mind.

And this is clarity that’s on me to provide. If I have failed to give adequate direction to both members and moderators, as well as solid expectations for what everyone’s responsibilities are, I am the one at fault here. The good news is, I can fix it.

That will depend on who you’re messaging. Ideally you would get a response within 48 hours or so, if not sooner. Speaking for myself, I am never bothered by follow-up messages – sometimes I may have been sidetracked by other work – and if I haven’t had time yet to address an issue, if nothing else a follow-up will motivate me to respond with ballpark for when I can circle back to it.

2 Likes

This is why I shared how I received it, though. So that if I was wrong, I could be corrected.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Quick, someone can do art: we need a Lesley/Raisin Snail superhero-esque picture captioned with “I can fix it.”

8 Likes

Boy, it seems to me like some users are fighting the no politics rule, or any rule for that matter - and the mods are doing as best they can to keep the peace and cool things down. But there you go, one person says this is a problem and another says, “no it’s not”, so how do you deal with that?

Me, I’m just going to continue to mute threads that give me a headache and focus on the reason I’m here. To celebrate and discuss a show I love, to have some laughs and get a break from all the real-world turmoil’s I have to wrestle with every day.

I try and stick to the rules, and to date I’ve not run into much trouble here.

13 Likes

I had a couple of posts flagged once, I dunno by whom or why, but I was just being a smart@$$ anyway, didn hurt.

2 Likes

So you’re saying they don’t get to decide who lives and dies?

6 Likes

I think it means we ALL get to decide who lives and who dies, INCLUDING the mods. Right?

3 Likes

I think you mean “we all, including the mods, get to decide who lives and who dies.”

6 Likes

Sorry, we have to take their first answer.

3 Likes

good reasons.

1 Like

Damnit Jim* I’m a physicist not an English doctor!

*Lesley

2 Likes

Can’t we just get beyond politics and agree that the Pumaman flies like a moron?
:handshake:

8 Likes

I don’t think there’s anyone that could possibly disagree with that.

4 Likes

Huzzah! Next step: world peace!

3 Likes

But will there still be a clown in the sky for me?

4 Likes

Idk, “bigots suck” was apparently pretty controversial. :joy:

5 Likes

Just the one guy that played the P-Man.

1 Like

Flag doesn’t mean it’s been deemed incorrect. Just means it’s not what we wanna talk about here.

7 Likes