Out of Context Comics

OMG Sluggy Freelance. Mr. Sarah used to pal around with the creator (and later worked at User Friendly–the internet used to be a smaller place). For some reason the phrase I’ll never forget from that comic is “pit bull salad sandwich”.

3 Likes

No, no, the line is “and now for something completely different”! You haven’t watched enough Blue Peter, have you?

2 Likes

That Batman – such a gay blade and always quick with a cutting remark!

2 Likes

Fortunately, Hitler’s plan was thwarted, The Bat was defeated, and America’s War Industry has proudly thrived and flourished for over 100 years!

American Flag Picture GIF

3 Likes

For context, the next panel reads, “And here’s a puppy’s lunch floating in a plane”.

Because science!

3 Likes

1 Like

That is some of the worst parenting I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

That’s a Protean, from Legion Of Superheroes. Like many a grand old (but now unjustly forgotten) hero, this was obviously the product of a Happy Hour “conference” in one of the less prestigious downtown bars. Originally, he had a sleek, almost Art Deco reminiscent design, but then the bar napkin got a little soggy.

2 Likes

What monster stacks pizza like flapjacks?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Well, looks like he’s half dead at the very least…

2 Likes

3 Likes

I see they needed a few passes before they settled on a good concept for Doctor Doom.

3 Likes

“You fool! When I fell from the plane we were over Ohio, by the time I landed I was in Indiana!”

3 Likes

…thanks, Ernest? May I have a book?

2 Likes

Tom Selleck is Dabney Coleman as Ernest Hemingway in Papa, P.I.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Someone tell him about collect calls and reversing charges and 10-10-321!

4 Likes

The poor Penny Plunderer…

At some point in time they should just put the Penny Plunderer in a gimp suit, make him all grim-dark, and give him a bunch of plot armor and then he’d be the most popular character in the Batman universe.

3 Likes

“Ah! You did not count on my vall being broken by the “Hell is Real” billboard!” (Shout out to my fellow Ohio MSTies!)

2 Likes