The Wordle (& Friends) Thread: SPACE? MOVIE? ROBOT?

If I’m reading that right …

squareword.org 409: 9 guesses

:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: PESTS
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square: INPUT
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square: TRIBE
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square: TOKEN
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: ALERT

<6::green_square: <11::yellow_square: <16::orange_square: 16+::red_square:
#squareword #squareword409

Vertical words were PITTA, ENROL, SPIKE, TUBER, STENT

2 Likes

Okay, that’s genuinely strange, because that’s a different set of words but the number and hashtags are the same. What gives? What low rate Wordle knockoff is this?

2 Likes

Just asking, maybe we should have another thread for games that aren’t Wordle?

1 Like

Or change the thread topic of this one to General Word Games Thread (or somesuch??)

I don’t think we want to clutter the off topic section with a different thread for each game since there appears to be close to a dozen of them now.

1 Like

I wonder if you will get that one tomorrow? Very weird indeed …

1 Like

Maybe change it to “Wordle And Friends”?

3 Likes

Actually, since I happen to have two computers, I checked: I did indeed get your puzzle on my second computer. So the puzzle resetting is not concurrent with number going up. Interesting. I think that’s a bug to be filed.

2 Likes

I like it! What say the rest of you puzzle fiends? Any objections to updating the thread title?

We’d keep the Space? Movie? Robot? Part as most of them are still five letter puzzles. (and that’s how I find the thread. LOL! :wink: )

2 Likes

So change it to “The Wordle (& Friends) Thread: SPACE? MOVIE? ROBOT?”

3 Likes

Wordle 635 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square: THEIR
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square: EAGER
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square: FLIER
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square: MISER
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square: WIPER
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: solution

3 Likes

That’s my thinking, yes.

3 Likes

No objections here to a thread name change!

(And yes, I too look for the “SPACE? MOVIE? ROBOT?” first when trying to find this!)

3 Likes

Just sent the Squareword people an email about the oddity we just found.

2 Likes

Also, a tip, you can surround the words for Squareword with `backticks` so that the letters are monospace and the vertical words are easier to read.

2 Likes

I changed the thread title, since most people seem to feel that way. Deferring to LadyShelley and the other Mods if they want a different change.

4 Likes

I was going to wait a bit longer to get other feedback, but that works. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had foolishly failed to notice at first that there was a mod in the thread, or I would have left the change to you.

2 Likes

No worries. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GET OUT OF MY WORDLE THREAD

Nah I’m kidding, y’all great, one Word Games Thread to rule them all and whatnot :smiley:

3 Likes

Och, I am shamed!

MAKE me!

Wait, no…too few letters.

FORCE me!

2 Likes