The Many Monkey Shakespeare WIKI experiment - PHASE THREE

Let’s see what we can come up with if each of us adds a single letter to the WIKI post below this post.

This post is just the rules.

These are the rules:

1. Add one letter.

2. Your letter can go anywhere you want.

3. You may keep adding letters, as long as someone else has added a letter since the last time you did.

4. Do not move or delete any letters.

5. A space shall be considered a valid letter for the purposes of this experiment. So shall any of the usual punctuation marks, if used singly. (To make the existence of your added single space clear, make sure to add it between already existing letters.)

6. Carriage returns, numbers, and exotic characters are right out!

7. Replying to the thread will help keep the experiment from being buried. Feel free to add a reply after you add your letter, so the experiment thread gets credit for being active.

5 Likes

This one is the editable WIKI.

The crows wriggles every time flour owns our line Bread grown Saranisin snack milk shakzy down tj?HOW X Y Z The servos

^^^^Edit between the lines.^^^^

3 Likes

Use the beeps!

I mean, for best results, edit the wiki to add a letter.

1 Like

The monkey experiment needs periodic goosing to keep it from being forgotten by people who haven’t seen it yet. So…

1 Like

I’ve seen it, but I’m very confused as to what we’re supposed to be doing.

1 Like

Add a letter wherever you think it should go (within the rules in the first post) and we’ll see what our many monkeys will come up with.

1 Like

Hey, wow, your reply from before disappeared. I didn’t know they did that.

1 Like

Hmm, I can still see it …

And I added a letter!

1 Like

The one I replied to about the beeps? I can’t see it and I even tried a different browser. The result on my side is an impossible 4 posts in a row. There’s got to be a badge for that.

1 Like

Oh that was @Pearls_Mint, not me. You magicked away @Pearls_Mint!

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

I gotta pay closer attention if I’m going to be a monkey scientist.

1 Like

Once upon a time there was a java app making the rounds that would simulate increasing numbers of “monkeys” typing random characters and it would keep track of the longest string of characters (starting from the beginning of a sentence) from all of Shakespeare’s works that each monkey would type. I left it running for weeks and got to a record of maybe 60 characters. I heard of others that got into the 200s.

Of course this was the late 90’s, so I was probably running it on a Pentium 2.

1 Like

This experiment makes use of wetware. Just look at the speed!

2 Likes

Two letters in one day. Now we’re cooking with gas!

1 Like

And then another.

Huzzah! Letters, letters, letters!

For new monkeys, if you missed it, the WIKI is the second post in this thread.

1 Like

Hey! Who moved my B? I had plans for that B! :smiley:

1 Like

Knew your father, I did.

2 Likes

I did it. I added a letter. And I’m proud.

2 Likes

This is an interesting experiment. I do wonder what will happen.

1 Like