What are you cooking?

White miso is my go-to. The texture is different, of course - you don’t finish with it - but a little dab in with the mushrooms and you’re :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Made omelets this morning, then some nacho tots before we run out the door to an evening soccer match. does anti-rain dance

5 Likes

If you want, I can ask my nesting partner who makes a killer risotto and see if he can suggest some other mushroom alternatives? I think if you just have a mushroom that’s capable of not turning to mush after a good deal of cooking you’re in good shape! We use Bella instead of Portabello and the risotte comes out great! :heart:

2 Likes

I am not vegan either, and if you go to the video description he lists non-vegan ingredients to put in if you want.

Sure I could substitute for the 2 or 3 shrooms he uses that I don’t see around here, but it was those king mushrooms looking like meat and the little shimeji that intrigued me.

1 Like

If one buys oneself a baguette and some salame!

Yeah, that’s sandwich time!

Steel Reserve 211 as a beverage?

It’s a feast for the senses!

1 Like

I made moose stroganoff

Mmmmm

4 Likes

Ah, okay! I was trying to help with a different problem. I hope you’re able to find those special mushrooms! You may be able to order them for overnight shipping as a fancy treat from, IDK, a mushroom emporium? Mushroom farm? Mushroom mine?

1 Like

Out of real moose? Or moose substitute?

3 Likes

Real moose! And man is it good :yum:

2 Likes

My whole day has been upside down, so I made pancakes and breakfast sausage for dinner. No idea what I’ll make for brunch tomorrow :smiley:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhh! Mushroom Man! Duh!

2 Likes

Made the leftover homemade manicotti tonight. Served with baby spinach salad and homemade Italian bread. Made some extra Alfredo sauce too.

3 Likes

Did somebody say Mushroom People?

4 Likes

MST3Kitchen, I need some ideas. Whenever I visit my brother, his wife, and their 1-year-old, I like to bring them some kind of heat & eat meal that can save them a few nights of cooking. I try to keep them 1-pot/-dish and as nutrient-dense but unfussy as possible.

I’ve done chicken pot pie, meatloaf, enchiladas, and lasagna so far. They, like me, have broad palates and aren’t scared of flavor, so the sky’s the limit. What else should I make them?

4 Likes

Casseroles and Quiches come to mind. Quiche actually travels pretty well (I took two on a 12 hour road trip and they were delicious still!).

4 Likes

How about a nice big pot of chili? It’s always good comfort food and lasts for a few days if you make enough

4 Likes

Shepherds Pie.

3 Likes

Here’s the final run-down on this evening’s meal.

• Main dish: pigeon breasts and morel mushrooms, fried in a butter/smoked oil mix. Seasoned with salt and white pepper.
  • Sauce: Madeira, Chianti vinegar, blackberry & liquorice jelly, crushed juniper berries. Cooked until the jelly dissolves.
  • Side dish: figs, saucisson sec, pecan nuts, roquefort, honey. Mixed up and grilled for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and everything else is hot.
  • While the pigeon was resting, I dumped the morels into the sauce and reduced it all a bit more, before pouring it on the rest of the meal.

Very nice!

1 Like

Breakfast for dinner is a favorite!

I was just thinking about making the left over biscuits and sausage gravy for dinner tonight…

You know, health food.

Which, is why I’ll probably stick to having some leftover turkey with mashed sweet potatoes and a salad.

sigh

3 Likes