What are you cooking?

Get into my belly!

5 Likes

You have good taste! I love matzoh ball soup!

It’s hard to find here in Fargo, North Dakota. I can only find matzoh ball mix at one local store (nearby where I live). Otherwise, I have to settle for Amazon.

1 Like

By coincidence, I’m making the shiksa version of this today: chicken & dumplings. First time I’ve ever tried making my own.

5 Likes

It’s about time for me to make the Eastern North Carolina version of the shiksa version: chicken and pastry. Adding that to my to-do list once I’m off the road for a few days.

4 Likes

Bring married to a shiksa, it’s the best of both worlds.
We love chicken and dumplings too.

Is chicken and pastry the same as chicken pot pie? Cause that’s good too!

4 Likes

You are all making me drool, and I’m thinking I’ll make my next dinner my favourite chicken stew. I spent this evening baking lemon scones, oatmeal raisin cookies, cornbread (mine is more like corn cake), and I made
cream of mushroom tarragon soup; the cornbread won’t have a problem pairing with the chicken stew of future days.

7 Likes

That bread looks good. I saw some YouTube videos for baking your own bread - I may try that!

4 Likes

It’s more of a dumpling density thing. In chicken & pastry they’re more of a thick noodle than an actual dumpling—closer to the Midwest chicken & noodles version.

3 Likes

I’ll have to check that out.
Anything with bread, noodle or biscuit added can’t be bad

3 Likes

Two pork cheeks are in the slow cooker, bubbling away in a mixture of madeira and mirepoix stock, with red onions, mushrooms, sage, caraway seeds, juniper berries and a dash of white balsamic vinegar.
They will be served with buttery mashed potato and asparagus tips (steamed, then drizzled with sesame oil).

3 Likes

A few years ago we smoked some pig jowls and constantly referred to it as “face bacon”

4 Likes
2 Likes

I’m embarrassed to say it comes from a Martha Stewart recipe - I’ve been making it since I was 14 and can basically make it with my eyes closed during a forest fire. If you expect it to be cornbread-y, or anything authentic, you’ll be horrified, but if you think of it as a sweet, corny accompaniment (or warmed with jam for next-day breakfast), you’ll enjoy it. I just halved the sugar and it suits me just fine:

1 Like

Never apologize for Martha. That woman went to prison and came out banging

2 Likes

Baked ravioli.

I have the advantage of my mom’s tomato sauce. It is really easy to make as you can grab the ingredients for cheap at any supermarket, Walmart, etc.

Here’s the recipe:

Easy Baked Ravioli, Just 4 Ingredients -Mrs Happy Homemaker

4 Likes

Anything with buttermilk in it is automatically on its way to being yummy.

1 Like

Cherry turnover for dessert today.

5 Likes

Today, I didn’t feel like any cooking. I made Campbell’s tomato soup. :smiley: And this evening, I had a bowl of Marshmallow Mateys. :smiley:

4 Likes

I was babysitting all day yesterday, but somehow I managed to bake a GF / DF carrot cake with made-from-scratch icing.

My first attempt and it was a hit!

7 Likes

Tonight will be heart shaped pizzas. The dough has been fermenting since last night. I make pizza about once a week. A Baking Steel and 50% hydration dough really changed the game for me.

5 Likes