What are you cooking?

Can you share that dough recipe?

3 Likes

x2

1 Like

6 Likes

Yep! Call it bachelor chow, call it hoppin’ john, call it what you will, but I call it supper! Boo-ya!

4 Likes

Makin Patzki
Makin homemade Patzki…

2 Likes

5 Likes

There’s no reaction-emoji with drool so I had to use this one
open mouth emoji

2 Likes

10 Likes

Ahh Patzki Day. have a friend who makes to-die-for Patzkis

2 Likes

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

3 Likes

Marks & Spencer’s pork, parmesan & truffle sausages. Not just damn tasty, but almost as big as a schnitzengruben!

4 Likes

I’ve got my specialty in the oven right now; my oven baked parm risotto.

I know you’ve seen me do this 100x before, but after having spent the last 7 hours setting up, helping run, and breaking down a 4year old’s birthday party, I just wanted to throw something in to cook.

Gonna pair it with a reisling and Project Runway.

4 Likes

20230226_085802

I’ve been making big breakfasts for myself the past few weeks complete with eggs, sausages, potatoes and toast or buttermilk biscuits. I like having a nice breakfast especially since I have a rule of eating out only once a month (gotta budget).

Us Americans and our Canadian neighbors owe our tradition of big breakfasts to the ancestral country of Great Britain. They are famous for their full English breakfast.

(Photo from Wikipedia)

The full English breakfast is quite a lineup! It’s got eggs, potatoes, meat (sausages, bacon, corned beef hash, black pudding, etc), toast, tomatoes, mushrooms and baked beans. The lineup of foods depends largely on individual tastes as well as regions; full Scottish breakfast may have haggis, full Welsh breakfast may have beer or ale in lieu of coffee & tea, and so on.

I wouldn’t mind trying a full English one day but I never saw tomatoes and baked beans as breakfast food!

5 Likes

A Scottish fried breakfast would probably include Lorne sausage, while the Irish Ulster Fry has soda bread and/or potato farls and maybe white pudding with the black. Welsh may include laverbread, which is actually seaweed. In Cornwall, hog’s pudding may be included. Plenty of regional variations.
I dislike grilled tomatoes, so leave them out, and baked beans are really for the kiddies. Fried bread is usually an element, but some people go for toast instead.

4 Likes

I love the classic Full English. Sends hangovers packin’.

2 Likes

Snowy Sunday Tejas red chili with beans tossed in because I enjoy trolling Tejas.

Makes you feel like you’ve been in a fight. A spicy garlicky delicious beefy fight with a lime juice finish.

7 Likes

I heard about Lorne sausage; that’s more of a misnomer as it’s not cased like sausage is but more like scrapple.

Scrapple - Wikipedia

I never had scrapple myself but a now-deceased friend liked eating that when we went to South New Jersey.

1 Like

Pretty much - here’s a link: Premium Lorne Sausage 1/2 block
Also, take a look at that site’s ‘Exotic’ tab. I may be ordering from them soon.

1 Like

20230302_120537

I made a nice breakfast of toast, poached egg, sausage and kippers. I like kippers and may need to eat them more.

6 Likes

In the slow cooker right now - a joint of smoked goat, with fresh oregano, lemon and garlic, on a bed of baby potatoes.

7 Likes