What are you cooking?

20230316_175121

Just yesterday, my microwave egg poacher arrived from Amazon and I got to test it out just this morning - it works like a charm! You pour 500ml of water into each side (measuring cup included), crack an egg into each cup, microwave and lift the egg out with the collanders (the light blue part).

I got a perfect poached egg that didn’t come out runny or explode in the microwave!

7 Likes

That’s a well-marbled steak!

2 Likes

ITS A GIANT CONTACT LENS CASE!!!

3 Likes

I was going to say something about Madonna getting dressed for work. Okay, though. Lens case. :+1:

1 Like

My annual Irish soda bread is out of the oven!

8 Likes

I made the mistake of not thinking about what I was going to have for dinner today. So I ended up making a box of mac and cheese. I’m going to have to think about my next meal so that I don’t end up doing that again tomorrow. :smiley:

4 Likes

And I thought about my meal. :slight_smile: Baked chicken, buttered noodles and peas. I marinated the chicken in sour cream and lemon juice. Then, I breaded it with some herbs and spices and bread crumbs.

10 Likes

Made stuffed peppers over the weekend. My first go at it, no recipe, just the knowhow that comes from watching way too many hours of Masterchef, Top Chef, and Chopped.

I have to say they came out preeeetty niiice!

8 Likes

There’s another way to cook?!

3 Likes

I hear there are these things called recipes, but I look on those as guidelines rather than actual rules…

3 Likes

I swear that’s where I’ve learned 80% of my kitchen moves. I need a sauce! Do I know how to do that? Nope, but it appears that if I deglaze, maybe add some aromatics, let it reduce and then strain it or hit it with the immersion blender that might work.

Never would have tried that sort of thing before.

4 Likes

I hear that AI is going to ultimately make all online recipes useless anyway, so this is probably the best strategy, along with keeping a death grip on your library card. :stew:

2 Likes

I mean, if it doesn’t produce unusable nonsense recipes.

2 Likes

Bleep blot Bork garlic cheese 10w40 heat at 4000° for 5 bleep bleep hours…

1 Like

That’s fine, since this tweet hilariously encapsulates every god-awful forty-page life saga recipe on the internet

I didn’t ask for you life story I just wanna know how long it takes to roast a chicken!

3 Likes

I use recipes very often and I have cookbooks, but I also feel free to adapt if needed. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I still have my good old hardback Joy of Cooking in case I ever have to crank out note-perfect Lobster Thermidor during a power failure or whatever. It could happen!

5 Likes

…YET.

1 Like

I’ve got the paperback version of Joy Of Cooking, in 2 volumes. Got it back in the late 80s and still use several recipes from it. Once I made the cornmeal pancakes from that book they became the only pancakes I ever eat.

4 Likes

You’ll have to pry my hardback JoC from my cold, dead fingers.

3 Likes