Chief?

7 Likes

McCloud!

8 Likes

“Nosy?”, “Chirpy?”, “Ratboy?”, “Sondra Locke?”

5 Likes

“She’s zestfully dead.”

5 Likes

We lived out by the river and didn’t get cable strung out there til the mid 90’s, so I missed the Comedy Central era, and thus, most of the Joel episodes (unless I caught a rerun). So I didn’t get to explore those earlier seasons until we got decent internet for Youtube and the DVD sets started coming out.

I gotta admit, growing up with the SciFi era meant I wasn’t really into Joel at first (change is hard). But then I watched Pod People and everything just sort of clicked. By the time they got to the following exchange:

Laura falls off cliff
Character: What was that?
Crow: Sounds like Laura leaping to her death.

I knew I was in for a good time, and the movie did not disappoint. All the instances of Crow speaking for the alien-

-still crack me up every time. It’s just such a gloriously bizarre movie, rife for riffing. The tone is all over the place, it’s clear the movie was awkwardly cobbled together, no one seems to know what they’re doing, the opening and closing montages aren’t even from the same film (they’re from Galexy Invaders. Thanks for getting arond to that, Rifftrax), and the ending tries to be heartwarming, but ends up being atrocious. In short:

But it made me appreciate Joel oh so much more, so I love it.

9 Likes

That’s because it was a Film Ventures International distribution and they would take all of the movies they distributed and give them new opening credits with footage from a different movie. You can see it in several other episodes like Cave Dwellers and Space Travelers, which was the Oscar-winning (for special effects) film Marooned with a different name and credits sequence.

I have no idea why they did it.

7 Likes

All I know is that, as per Gamera Vs. Guiron, Crow is canonically warned against eating cheese*.

*does not include American cheese

7 Likes

And yet, there’s a Crow that works in a cheese plant.

Not to mention the time the bots built their own micro-cheesery.

8 Likes

He is a robot of contradictions and inconsistencies.

Inconsistent cheese.

8 Likes

MST3K has a lot of references to cheese. Maybe because the movies are so cheesy.

7 Likes

It does make a lot of sense for the Mike character to have worked at the Burnett Co. Dairy Cooperative way back when in Time Chasers, no?

7 Likes

Dude.

5 Likes

It’s Just A Show 79. [MST3K 303. Pod People]

3 Likes

Skits & Storylines of 303.

2 Likes

303 Promo.

2 Likes

Best of 303.

2 Likes

Studio Tyrant.