6 Degrees of MSTification

Cool! Yeah, I’d like to see what happens with this as well.

1 Like

One more update. I realised I was capturing the IMDb codes of all the movies and actors, but hadn’t used them on the pages. You should now see an IMDb link on the Movie and Actor pages which will take you to their appropriate pages.

5 Likes

Woo hoo, looks like the awesome Sid Haig is in the latest campaign update! Will be able to join him up to Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom II once I know what the film is. And maybe his film will create further connections as well. Though honestly I’m primarily grateful we’re getting another film with him.

6 Likes

If they are riffing Beyond Atlantis, there are a bunch of interesting connections back to the graph via John Ashley and George Nader—and several RiffTrax titles thanks to Vic Diaz (that guy who seems to be in every '70s & '80s movie from the Philippines).

5 Likes

A legend of Filipino exploitation flicks. His IMDB entry goes back to 1950 when he worked with Fritz Lang!

5 Likes

Where was this mentioned? Is it a Time Bubble movie? I could certainly add those as well under their own “series” label.

1 Like

Apologies—that’s just speculation based off of the prop SAT Prep book cover and the movie scene the image was taken from.

3 Likes

Nae worries, I’d say that’s a solid guess!

3 Likes

Bump … because this shouldn’t get buried.

4 Likes

Appreciate it! It will be getting some updates once more titles are announced for the new series, too.

2 Likes

Holy crud! I was taking a fresh look at the graph and didn’t realise this connection was in there. Do you know who this is in This Island Earth?

Coleman Francis!

11 Likes

He’s harder to recognize in color.

3 Likes

I think they used digital colorization on him for this role. He’s naturally monochrome.

7 Likes

Must’ve been hand-tinted in the original theatrical release, then. Good thing it was a short cameo, or the budget would have doubled.

1 Like

They may have just put him in a smokehouse overnight to give him that ham coloring.

4 Likes

The network graph is updated now with all the Season 13 titles. A number of nice new connections made, with only a couple new films orphaned and alone.

I’ll be updating the data list side of the site later, but the graph is ready to go! And once the season’s episode order is known, I’ll add that data to each title as well.

6 Likes

Woo! Love to see that graph grow…

3 Likes

The video previews here have episode numbers, so that looks like it might be the “broadcast” order.

3 Likes

So this is just the actors? Is that right? It’s very neat.

4 Likes

Will this technology create the ultimate optimized viewing order of MST3K episodes?

1 Like