Ad council Ads

For those who still listen to radio, you know the bain of the Ad council ads. Back in the 00’s, they where EVERYWHERE and they where rather depressing. someone must have told them, because they tried to lighten them up a little, but it was far too late by then as most people tune them out.

anyone with any experience with these things?

5 Likes

I never listen to the radio but he sight of one of their billboards instantly puts me in cranky old man mode: “My tax dollars go to pay for this nonsense? I say if the kids want to smoke carburetors, let 'em smoke carburetors!”

3 Likes

I once saw an anti-marajuana ad, possibly ad council, before one of the Lord of the Rings movies. It was a packed theater, opening night. The audience booed, loudly.

6 Likes

Winners don’t use drugs.

3 Likes

i get a lot in my podcast app, they still have one of betty white running for smokey the bear, surprised they didn’t take that down. and apparently it’s ‘only you can prevent WILDfires’ now?

4 Likes

The fireflies getting people psyched to go into the woods for a fun lightshow ad is pretty legit.

2 Likes

The thing about weed is that the people who are for it, are for it, and the people who are against it, are against it. No Ad is going to change anyone’s mind.

Especially when most ads are a silly representation of it.

2 Likes