Alert Received!

I’m disappointed that the signal didn’t cause all the vaccine particles in my blood to explode like the internet said it would.

3 Likes

MAKE YOUR TV RECORD GIGLI!

1 Like

I’d just gotten off a call, set my phone down next to my cat, and kneeled down to give her pets…

#$%^&$%!!!

Kitty was NOT amused…

And, she’d been having a bad day as it was (vet visit, shots, exam)…

Also, it didn’t seem to work right?

I got two alerts, both in English, but I don’t seem to be connected to the Matrix via 5G, nor have I developed an unrelenting hunger for brains?

I mean, I could go for a snack, but…

Shrug.

Yes

Happy Cake Day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how the people that believe this all carry around a device all day that actually tracks them and makes the data available to the government when required.

7 Likes

Hm. Looks like I slept through it. So did my cat.

Hope nothing bad happens while I’m sleeping. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I shut the phone off during the test.

An hour later when I powered on again, the alert came through my phone.

Now that was a dirty trick!

1 Like

I was at work and my coworker’s phone started going off so I went and checked my phone and it was going off. I acknowledged it and done.

Wow. That was so incredibly scary and fearsome. I cannot believe that I survived. (Really, why were people worried about this? Did it scare them when their TVs used to do the same thing?)

Wut | Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) | Know Your Meme

5 Likes

Seriously, I hear a “beeeeeeeeeeep” around 11:18 AM and it’s just your basic “this is a test” noise like they have on the teevee machine. Didn’t even perturb the cats.

Tired Frame By Frame GIF by Cat Chmaj

1 Like

Run Away Simon Pegg GIF by Focus Features

3 Likes

I realize this is basically a political article, but ignore that and focus on this line:

At least one law enforcement officer appeared to reach for their weapon before the room relaxed with recognition of the scheduled test.

Missiles are comin’! Gonna shoot 'em down with my .38!

2 Likes

Man, my alert looked a lot different than yours…

3 Likes

The Library Police would like to talk to you about your overdue copy of The Fountainhead.

4 Likes

(sigh) Fine, I’ll do it. I could use an upgrade on the load-bearing joints.

2 Likes