Build your own Tom and Crow!?

I would like to see some build your own Tom and Crow kits! i know that there are some out there

but a simplified kit (perhaps around the $50 price range) would be cool to place next to my tv!

2 Likes

Just beware of crappy imitations like what was seen at the Crow vs. Crow panel at DragonCon (available on Disc 2 of Volume XVII).

2 Likes

Anyone have a 3D printer and want to make some MST3K robot kits? :slight_smile: maybe get approval first!

I think STLs of most of the parts for Tom Servo are on one of the 3d printer sites. I’m very tempted to do a few minor modifications to those and build myself an RC Tom Servo complete with with his mood globe.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a 3D printed bot or bot part that looks good. If you want anything worthwhile, you’re going to have to get the real deal or resin/vacuform bits based off of them, like the originals.

I’ve seen some pretty good 3d printed parts for Astromech droids, but the amount of finishing required is a bit insane. Lot of filling and sanding to get something looking smooth.

1 Like