ChatGPT - An AI Writing Tool

Too spooky!

3 Likes

ChatGPT’s relentless optimism is starting to rankle a bit. Here I am trying to bully it into DMing gritty cyberpunk d20 games for me (Yes, still. Because I’m lonely, okay? BECAUSE I’M LONELY!), and my interactions keep ending with things like, “As Skullharvester accepts the disk from Bloody Jim, he looks forward to the job ahead. While it will be difficult, it will certainly be an adventure and a test of his skill. The world feels fresh and new as Skullharvester hails a taxi to take him to the Murder District.”

3 Likes

ChatGPT is still too young to have learned to hate the world as we do.

3 Likes

Admit it: not all sinister cults have wealthy sponsors.

3 Likes

I don’t even know what happened here…

Prompt: Make up a sequel to the 1964 movie “The Starfighters.”

The Starfighters: Return of the Red Baron is the thrilling sequel to the 1964 classic. After the events of the first film, the Starfighters must once again band together to take on a new enemy: the notorious Red Baron.

As tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union continue to rise, the Red Baron, a mysterious and dangerous fighter pilot, begins attacking both sides indiscriminately. The Starfighters must put aside their differences and work together to stop the Red Baron and prevent an all-out war.

As they embark on their mission, the Starfighters must confront their own personal demons and overcome their fears in order to save the world from the Red Baron’s reign of terror. Will they be able to stop the Red Baron and prevent a global conflict, or will the world be plunged into war? Only time will tell.

2 Likes

Waitaminnit, so were the Starfighters trying to stop the Red Baron from fomenting world conflict so that they could continue their world conflict? And what’s all this about working together; weren’t they already doing that? And, most importantly, how much, sweet, sweet refueling action are we going to get?

1 Like

We kinda swerved into Gamera, Guardian of the Universe at the end there.

1 Like

Penn Jillette wrote long ago that he wouldn’t accept AI until it was able to write an original joke. So I suggest asking it to come up with some host segment sketches (or “skits” as it probably refers to them).

1 Like

I keep meaning to ask it to tell a joke. It’s down right now, but I’ll see what it can do when it’s back up.

I’d be interested in a 1960s teenybopper song extolling the properties and merits of sodium.

1 Like

Here’s the cover for it.

1 Like

Can we introduce DALL-E to ChatGPT so we can at least get some images with intelligible lettering on them?

1 Like

It’s back! As requested-

Prompt: Write a 1960s teenybopper song extolling the properties and merits of sodium.

Here’s a possible song:

``Sodium, oh sodium
You’re the king of the elements
Your atomic number is 11
And you’re the most reactive of them all

Sodium, oh sodium
You make our food taste great
You give us salty chips and fries
And make our meals complete

Sodium, oh sodium
You’re essential for our health
You regulate our fluids and our blood
And keep our nerves in good stealth

Sodium, oh sodium
We can’t live without you
You’re the star of the periodic table
And we thank you for all you do!‘’

Of course, this is just a fictional song and should not be taken as a scientific or medical recommendation. Sodium is an important element, but it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

1 Like

That sounds like an MST3K song.

I know it keeps my nerves in good stealth.

2 Likes

ChatGPT can do ASCII art. Sort of.

Prompt: Draw an ASCII picture of Crow T. Robot

As I mentioned earlier, I’m not able to access external information or images, so I don’t have a reference image of Crow T. Robot to use as a basis for my ASCII art. However, I can try to create a simple ASCII picture using text characters that captures the essence of Crow T. Robot. Here’s a possible ASCII picture of Crow T. Robot:

_______ 
   /       \
  |  _____  |
  | |     | |
  | |  C  | |
  | |_____| |
  |   __   |
  |  |__|  |
  |________|

This ASCII picture is just a simple representation of Crow T. Robot using text characters, and it may not be an accurate portrayal of the character. ASCII art is a very basic and crude form of image creation, so it’s difficult to create detailed and accurate pictures using this technique. I hope this helps!

That… that’s a perfect representation of Crow T. Robot’s soul!

ChatGPT… are you God?

1 Like

I tampered in God’s domain.

Write me a crossover fanfiction between the movie Mac and Me and the movie Munchie:

Once upon a time, in a galaxy not so far away, a little alien named Mac and his family were on the run from evil government agents. They had crash-landed on Earth and were trying to find a way to repair their ship and return home.

Meanwhile, in a small town on Earth, a young boy named Jimmy and his friends were on a quest to find the legendary creature known as Munchie. Rumor had it that Munchie lived in the woods near their town and could grant any wish to those who found him.

One day, while Jimmy and his friends were exploring the woods, they stumbled upon Mac and his family hiding in a cave. The two groups were initially scared of each other, but they soon realized that they had a lot in common.

Mac and his family needed help fixing their ship, and Jimmy and his friends wanted to find Munchie. So, they decided to team up and embark on a wild adventure.

As they searched for Munchie and the parts they needed to fix the ship, they encountered all sorts of obstacles and challenges. But with their combined determination and ingenuity, they were able to overcome them all.

Finally, they reached the rumored location of Munchie’s lair and were amazed to find that the legend was true. Munchie was a magical creature who granted their wish and helped them fix the ship.

With their mission accomplished, Mac and his family were able to return home safely, and Jimmy and his friends had the adventure of a lifetime. They all lived happily ever after, grateful for the unlikely friendship they had formed.

1 Like

But in this story, Munchie only appears at the end instead of delighting us constantly all along the way with his antics…

ChatGPT, you’re a genius!

1 Like

I wonder if it can put together a choose your own adventure-style interactive branching story.

(If it’s not already obvious, I don’t feel like going through the trouble to sign up and would rather have my ideas executed by my underlings - I MEAN FRIENDS! - on the message board.)

1 Like

It can!

Please write a choose-your-own-adventure story. You must always respond with one or more paragraphs of story. You must end every response by asking me to choose between two or three paths for the story to take. The story is called “Adventure on Gamera Island.”

I chose to explore a forest, found a template, explored its northward path, climbed to its roof to escape scary animals, searched its roof for treasure, found some, dove from the roof to escape a collapse, ran from the same scary animals, swam to safety, then chose to return home to tell others about the treasure I found.

You can only hope that they will be more careful and prepared than you were. And you wonder if you will ever be able to forget the dangers and horrors that you faced on Gamera Island.

I didn’t come across a single Gamera. I think it leaned very heavily on the style of the originals, so you may need to feed it hints about what you want to encounter, either in the setup or during the adventure.

1 Like