Condiments, sauces, chutneys, etc.

I scoff at ranch unless I have time to make it myself. Sadly, I think the last time was for a New Year’s Day party, c2010 A.D.

2 Likes

Mayonnaise is the devil’s own beurre du posterior.

1 Like

We’re supportive enough on here to forgive you for thinking that way.

3 Likes

I make and smoke my own BBQ sauce!

(Here I’m smoking it with some meat candy)

I even made a label!

9 Likes

Is it bold?

6 Likes

It is, in fact, BOLD!!!

5 Likes

In Idaho and Utah, you can find fry sauce. I think it’s mostly just ketchup and mayo mixed together in the right ratio, but it is my favorite thing with fries and it’s disappointing that it’s not in Wisconsin. Sure, ranch is fine, but it’s not as good as fry sauce.

Provo Made and Coined Fry Sauce Before Heinz Mayochup Even Existed.

2 Likes

Wing Sauces, please! I am a Chicken Wing enthusiast, and am always on the lookout for awesome new sauces to dump on my wings.

2 Likes

There are a lot of versions of the ketchup/mayonnaise mix. Over here in the UK, it’s usually called Marie Rose sauce or Prawn Cocktail sauce.

2 Likes

I recently bought a bottle of balsamic vinegar that has been infused with the flavour of oak-smoked tomatoes, and it’s pretty amazing. Not cheap, but packed with enough flavour that you can use it sparingly.
The balsamic they use is good, but relatively young - I’d be interested to try the same thing with an 8 or 12 year old vinegar because I reckon that would be amazing.

2 Likes

My father was English and was raised there during the 1930s and 1940s, so of course he had terrible taste in food.

This was his favorite sauce.

It is absolutely foul. Imagine A-1 crossed with fruit.

It reeked too.

2 Likes

The most commonly-sold brands of Brown Sauce (Daddies and HP) are nasty, thin and acidic. Very bad examples of a good condiment.
Get a good one and you are in a very different world. The dominant flavours are tomato, dates and tamarind and there’s nothing wrong with any of that. When it comes to widespread availability, Wilkin of Tiptree make a decent Brown Sauce.

2 Likes

Brown sauce, that cracks me up…

What is it?

It’s brown

But what does it taste like?

Brown

But brown is kind of bland isn’t it?

No, it’s just sauce, that is called brown

Thankfully y’all clarified the flavor of brown :laughing:

6 Likes

Some of the best food and drink in the world comes in various comforting shades of brown.

From foie gras to curry, from golden brown fries to a baron of beef, from a crème caramel to a perfect espresso. brown stands proud.

3 Likes

Yeah, I love brown gravy on mashed potatoes for one. It just amused me, brown sauce, but nothing to clarify the flavor. Brown can be a lot of things.

3 Likes

San Francisco International Flavor? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m sorry, the Beef Baron is not for eating. What’s next, trying to eat the Prince of Pork?

1 Like

All I know is that once he figured out he could order it, my dad put that crap on meat like it was gravy and I had to go eat in the other room.

4 Likes

I also make my own Buffalo sauce!

9 Likes

This is made in this town. Never tried it though.

http://satibabi.com/

2 Likes