Weird Foods - do you dare?

I can’t believe they did so many. I am NOT that brave

1 Like

It’s slightly different, but I basically already did this…

2 Likes

Oh gawd, I tried some if that stuff.

It’s. Awful.

2 Likes

Weird is as always is relative. I don’t want to paint an entire cultures choices that are normal to them as “weird”. When I was in China I ate a food that was weird and scary to me; some big fat bug pupa (I’m not even certain what kind but they were the size of a medium sized pinecone). I remember seeing these little turd shaped dudes writhing at the weekly market I went to promising myself, someone who tries anything with an open mind, to eat one. Near the end of my trip I did and I’ll say this… not great. Not even awful. Yeah, the texture is a bit gross but it’s mostly bland proteiny taste.

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

OK, who’s pregnant?

2 Likes

Who takes a peanut butter and pickle sandwich (already a weird thing) and goes to the extra effort of turning it into a pie?

2 Likes

My lord… olives? yuck.

Is the yellow stuff around the base the filling of a devilled egg?

I’m not sure I really want to know, but what are the grey masses a little higher up than the slices of kiwi fruit? They look like raw squid or something to me… but I feel like this abomination doesn’t involve any raw meat (I also see Spam, I think?).

I have no answers for you on this… thing :dizzy_face:

I’m gonna go with raw oysters.

1 Like

I would like to try this one. Speaking of the weird food I’ve tried in my life is a mandarin orange salad with fish and mayonnaise in Cuba. I enjoy the traditional mandarin orange salad that combines fresh greens with mandarin oranges, typically in a light vinaigrette dressing. This type of salad is often enjoyed for its refreshing and citrusy flavors. It’s commonly served as a side dish or even as a main course, often with the addition of other ingredients such as nuts, cheese, or grilled chicken. The combination of sweet mandarin oranges and the crispness of the salad greens creates a pleasant balance of flavors.

1 Like