Favorite riffs from the live show? (*SPOILERS*)

I guess Boston humor’s a bit different from some of ours.

4 Likes

At the end of our show the lights went up and “Slatman”…I mean, “Scatman” started playing, and I thought that was just perfect.

6 Likes

We were in the Cincinnati show, which had some technical difficulties, which led to a few unique riffs. The audio kept doubling, so they started doing riffs that were basically tripling, which just got funnier each time. The “EMIEGERD! GERSEBERMPS!” At the end had me dying because I had been thinking that the whole movie was like a bad Goosebumps book the whole time.

6 Likes

THE GOOSEBUMPS JOKE! Yes! That one got a big laugh outta me.

3 Likes

Yeah, Boston applauds a lot!

4 Likes

‘And now for something completely different’ got a big laugh outta me too :rofl:

8 Likes

I’m blanking on the Scooby riff; someone refresh my memory?

1 Like

Something about him being put down.

1 Like

It’s on a shot of the kids morosely walking down a passageway and the riff is “The gang just hasn’t been the same since they had to put Scooby down.”

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s damn funny.

2 Likes

Oh right that one! I think the DC audience also sort of went “Awwwww” on that one instead of laughing.

5 Likes

Ohh right I forgot about that one! I was at the Rochester show and that joke landed, though there were definitely some “oooofs” from the crowd. Actually there were a number of jokes that I felt like I was the only one laughing at, maybe just cuz they were too stupid or too dark. But at least there’s something for everyone :laughing:

3 Likes

I really liked the Spielberger helper skit. Mega-Synthia was amazing in everything she did (as was all the cast) but the flapper scene stuck out.

Going to have to echo the goldfish bowl scene, though. That was… So everybody DID see that…!

I almost wish I could see it again - there was, at times, so much going on I know I missed some lines.

9 Likes

That’s one great part about these live shows is there’s some jokes they can *only make in front of a live audience. I mean, I’m sure Crow could’ve said the same thing on a recorded episode and it probably would’ve been amusing, but saying it to theaters full of actual people all watching the same movie makes it uproariously funny :joy:

4 Likes

A question, when Crow and Emily are interacting during the segments, and Crow is trying to call Joel, and Emily describes herself as the cool babysitter, someone near I was sitting made noise and I missed how they described Mike. So, how did they describe Mike?

4 Likes

The interaction goes like this:

EMILY: I know it can be a tough time in a young bot’s life when your dad leaves.
CROW: Joel…
EMILY: And you get a new dad.
CROW: Mike…

So “new dad” is how he’s described. Maybe not the most accurate descriptor of the bots’ relationship to Mike, but it worked for the scene.

18 Likes

Ha! Thank you! Yeah, “new Dad” works for the scene! I’ve heard him been described as “new brother” or “roommate” before so I had been curious.

4 Likes

One of the riffs that really got me laughing: At one point, the mother accidentally spills something and the teacher (who had just walked-in unannounced moments before) hands her a washcloth and says “Use this”. Emily responds with “It’s yours”. :laughing:

Servo’s: “… and now for something completely different” was excellently timed.

The Goldfish scene is truly has to be seen to be believed. Loved how it became another running gag too.

Day and a half later, I’m still buzzing. Great, great show!

10 Likes

That show was fantastic! The one that’s sticking in my mind as I walked out of the theater is “Bert, you look like sh!t!” And the brilliant Carol of the Bells. Slats! @SquareMaster cracked up at the Toonces ref. Please say we can get this to stream in the future, ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!

8 Likes

There was a Toonces joke!?? How did I miss that! And yes the Carol of the Bells was absolutely * chef’s kiss *

9 Likes