Favorite sight gag in the theater?

I think that’s in Werewolf but I could be wrong… I just remember that one having a really long scene in a pool hall.

2 Likes

I don’t remember which episodes, because it happens a few times; there’s a nice, subtle gag where Crow leans over a bit to look around the corner which is inevitably on his side of the screen.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it counts as a sight gag, exactly, but I always love that moment in The Giant Gila Monster where Old Man Harris starts singing and Crow’s mouth hangs open in silent shock.

7 Likes

I like the cue cards bit from Project Moonbase

5 Likes

That’s another favorite.

5 Likes

My favorites (particularly the Batman sound effects and the censor umbrella) have already been mentioned.

So instead here’s Tom Servo in The Unearthly being surprisingly naughty. I have mixed feelings about this one, but of course he can’t actually see anything. What I like about it is that it’s subtle. I didn’t notice it at all until at least my third time watching the episode.

VPjxBb

6 Likes

Every time Tom flew along side something on screen. Especially if the others cheered him on. I generally enjoy all of the gags they did the the Netflix budget.

4 Likes

I always laugh when Mike and the bots walk into the theater still wearing the wigs from the “Where, Oh, Werewolf” musical number in Werewolf.

12 Likes

I can’t remember the episode, but when Joel starts swimming into the screen. It just cracks me up.

4 Likes

It’s always great when they enter the theater still wearing whatever goofy costumes they had on from the previous host segment, then you’ll get a few shots of Joel/Mike discarding everyone’s costume pieces.

6 Likes

I watched Devil Fish for the first time recently and there was that part when an actor in short shorts stepped over the camera, apparently exposing part of his area. Mike and the bots shouted “Incoming!” and ducked and the MST3K logo strategically appeared.
That was weird.

6 Likes

Also hockey hair, Mikey the Mike Sprite, and Tom as a toaster pastry. I think I also remember bear and raccoon costumes?

5 Likes

One I remember for sure he did was Santa in “Santa Claus Conquers The Martians” in a scene shortly after they arrive on Mars.

3 Likes