Favorite YouTube channels

Yep, one of my wife’s favorites.

1 Like

I really like watching Nami’s Life. She cooks, goes shopping, cleans in her small apartment in Japan. She doesn’t talk, and you don’t see her face, but there are subtitles that explain what she’s making or where she goes. It’s really relaxing and kind of inspirational the way she practices self-care.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been watching a lot of videos from the Comic Tropes channel — lots of fun explorations of comics creators, their techniques, and occasionally wacky Golden Age characters.

I enjoy “The Nostalgia Critic” on Channel Awesome, “Linkara” on Atop the Fourth Wall, and the travel exploits of Justin Scarred on his youtube pages, Justin Scarred and Live Fast Die Poor

1 Like

Sorry, I was about to create a new forum for this and might as well just continue it.

I’m subscribed to several channels.
-Rifftrax
-A lot of channels which focus on local TV news.
-News Be Funny, which focuses on news bloopers from all over the world, especially the BBC’s robotic cameras.

Game Shows:
-Game Show Gumbo
-BuzzerBlog
-Wink Martindale has his own channel as well.

Reviews:
-JoBlo Originals, which is home to Awfully Good Movies with MSTie and Rifftrax fan Jesse Shade.
-Jaime French, who does reviews of various trends and movies. She’s reviewed Mac and Me, Cool as Ice, and Rad.
-Jason Brant, who’s a Maryland novelist and hosts So Bad It’s Good. This channel has reactions and reviews to genres like Cannon, Steven Seagal, and also has reacted to Mac and Me and Cool as Ice.

Reaction:
-Bunnymon, who was born in Jordan and resides in Germany.
-Charlotte Dobre from Canada.
-In The Clutch Entertainment from Houston.

1 Like

Small Beans - Featuring former Cracked guys doing podcasts
Some More News - Political commentary with humour from Cracked’s Cody Johnson
Babish Culinary Universe - Where a guy teaches cooking including recreating fictional foods.
The Late Show - Good background noise.
Ru’s Piano - Lady does piano covers of anime and video game music.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - An obscure 90s comedy show about the people who live in a flying bone.
QI - Clips from a popular British panel show.
Trailers from Hell - Trailers for more off-beat classics with commentary by famous/accompished directors, editors, actors, etc.
The Back Focus - Hasn’t updated in years but it used to be home to bios for character actors like Keith David and James Hong.
The Aquabats! - The Aquabats!
Homestarrunnerdotcom - Waiting for next Halloween’s update.
Kenny Lauderdale - Collector and commentator on obscure anime and Japanese media. If you ever wanted to trace the trend of girl delinquents fighting crime with coins, yo-yos and rocket launchers in live action, this is the place.
TinyFuppets4DX - Someday it will update again. But here’s a taste.

1 Like

I’ve become a fan of several metal detecting channels and one Thames mudlarking channel.

1 Like

I’m listening to this on ARTV’s channel live streaming.

In terms of YouTube channels, the one that I want to throw into the ring is “unedited video game music uploader” SiIvaGunner. Yes, the quotes are intentional. Basically, it’s an extended prank, in that it presents itself as one of those channels that uploads game music for easy listening. Then you open a video, five seconds pass, and suddenly you’re listening to an arrangement of the Flintstones or Witch Doctor. It is sometimes questionable, but I find it entertaining.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a favorite channel yet, but I just discovered this charming puppet building video.

1 Like

Aside from MST and J. Elvis, it looks like I mostly do old timey movie channels. Encore+ shut down, but I still have BFI, Good Old Times, Korean Classics, The Sprocket Vault, Grjingo Western Movies, The Legend of Pamela Franklin, Library of Congress

This one I visit regularly, he’s going through film history year by year, so far, it’s mostly the 1930s on back.

1 Like

Not subscribed because I’m not that interested in some of his content (I’m not looking down on trying every Oreo flavour, I already do stuff like that on another forum, but I’m not interested in it) but ProZD, professional voice actor and anime nerd, does some great comedy bits. Here are some of his safe for Gizmo-forum bits.

Similarly, the work of Alasdair Beckett-King

2 Likes