Giant Spider Invasion

Watching Giant Spider Invasion and it occured to me that Dutch’s cafe serves a variety of fine foods. From deep fried sandwiches dipped in batter to walleye cheeks. What would you order from Dutch’s? I’ll start with a Coleman Francis staple: coffee.

8 Likes

Ooh I hope they have poutine!

3 Likes

I would dare to try the cole slaw, because diner cole slaw is a thing of beauty.

Served up with a mountain of fries, of course.

4 Likes

Cheese curds. I’ve always wanted to try those and I hear they have 'em in Wisconsin. In fact, I think it’s the state bird or something.

2 Likes

A new back brace.

4 Likes

Slighlty off-topic, but I live right by a Menards and I can’t help thinking, “it’s a giant spider invasion of savings at Menards” every time I drive by. Which is every day on the way to work.

13 Likes

I wish that they went after the Menards jokes in the Sci-Fi Channel era with the same frequency with which they did “I thought you were Dale” jokes.

6 Likes

Back on topic:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4 Likes

As someone with a thing about spiders, this movie does genuinely creep me out bad, no matter how goofy it is.

5 Likes

I’m sure Dutch’s cafe has become such a famous locale because of the Great Spider Invasion that they would serve Eight-Legged Pancakes.

4 Likes

Being a vegetarian I’d feel relatively safe at Dutch’s, but for the rest of you I’d be wary: I’m not sure his locally-sourced, free-range beef is exactly Grade A. Definitely not slaughtered humanely.

3 Likes

Same same same.

I’m extremely arachnophobic, and while I can watch any of the spider-themed episodes of MST3K, it’s… a bit of a bother for me.

2 Likes

I’ll try one of those ‘Cannibal Sandwiches’ Wisconsin seems to enjoy😬

2 Likes

Yessir. You’re going to have to choose between deep fried or squeaky fresh. You can find the former just about anywhere, but to get a bag of fresh ones from the dairy where they’re made… chef’s kiss. They’ve got an aural appeal similar to stepping on -10°F snow.

4 Likes

Dutch’s is no supper club, but I’ll try the Friday fish fry with an old fashioned. That’s my barometer of a good place around here.

If that’s not an option, I’ll just have a brat with kraut.

4 Likes

Watch it with your blanket statements. shudder

2 Likes

I knew there was a reason not to trust those Cheeseheads.

3 Likes

It’s the cannibal sandwiches that does it for you? Not the fact that it was also the home of Gein and Dahmer? Fair.

6 Likes

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…

RAW HAMBURGER AND ONIONS ON A HALF ROLL IS NOT A SANDWICH!

3 Likes

Does putting the top of the roll on it make it a sandwich? Is that the issue?

3 Likes