Gif only replies are a waste of time

dunce-dope_1

6 Likes

I think we have a few people who need to see this.

2 Likes

Huh? What?

Kanye West Help GIF by OceanX

5 Likes

To Johnny, the halls of Tarkus Brainlab IV are filled with dark shadowy figures. A few whispered words, the sting of a needle, and they’re gone, gone, gone.

2 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

Sorry for bumping an ancient thread, but

A recent problem that’s cropped up for me is when they get excessive, when there’s several in a thread (the slower ones I can handle) but the frantic ones that cycle through rapid fire… I’m not having seizures, but they are sure f’n with my brain and I find my eyes starting to flutter when there’s a lot of them like that, post after post. Which is disconcerting.

I do pause them as Michael suggested, but if there are a lot, it’s a bit of a hassle when trying to read through a thread.

Looking over the thread (which yeah, was not fun) it sounds like my only solution is to block a person? Which is a bummer, but I gotta look out for my pretty mind, you know.

Is there like a God of Discourse that one could contact and request a block giff option be added to the forums?

5 Likes

Depending on your browser, you can probably turn off GIFs globally.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look into that.

I’m doing better with it of late… it also happened with Skinamarink, when some sudden flashing lights came up, my eyes rolled back. I was reading on why this would happen, and it seems like some medications can cause it to develop. So maybe one of those new pills of mine, did it?

But it’s cooled off recently, so hopefully I’m past it.

Saying that, a global turnoff would be good, just to be sure. (and that’s a no, though they suggest chrome extensions… so, no - but it was an idea, appreciate it)

3 Likes