More aggressive thread mute?

There is a way to mute threads, but it doesn’t seem to fully mute if you already replied? (Before a thread went off the rails…for example)

It’d be great if the mute muted regardless?

Just a thought.

2 Likes

How are you muting the thread? I would have thought muting should have no dependence on if you’d replied or not , but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

Was kicking around the thread tools and tried the mute option on a thread I’d replied to, and there’s a notice that it really isn’t muted because I had previously replied?

It’s not an urgent thing, but if I want to mute a thread, it actually muting would be nice? (Especially on mobile where that extra thread could push something I want to see below the fold?)

Easier to point out and see if there is a fix while in beta than wait until I really want to nuke a thread from my view?

1 Like

That’s an interesting choice the developers made… They are basically not letting you change your mind about seeing updates because you said something. Huh.

I wonder if there is a global setting someplace the mods can change that would change mute from sorta into definitely.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s one of those two setting things. This is on every thread, so maybe you need to mute the thread and then change the setting here? (Or is this what you’re talking about when you say you’ve been playing with the thread tools? In that case I’ll just shut up now. :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

No need to shut up, appreciate more eyeballs and different perspectives on this. Yes, that’s the option I was testing. Happened to try it on a thread I’d replied in , and there’s a notice to the effect of that it isn’t entirely muted because I have replied to the thread?

Just seemed… odd to not have an option to fully nuke a thread from view?

Probably just a Discord thing?

2 Likes

Definitely weird. Y’all should be able to totally mute stuff. I’ll follow up on this and see if we can do anything behind the curtain.

3 Likes

:+1:I’ll try to grab a screen cap of the notice and what I see on mobile/iOS view when it is muted but not fully muted before the end of the day.

3 Likes

Looks like someone just nuked the thread I was going to use as an example from orbit?

Oops.

Ok, will find another thread to test with.

1 Like

It’s possible that your tracking settings simply override the mute setting on a given thread. Logically they can’t both be true - so they have to choose to allow one or the other to supersede.

1 Like