Holiday Music Playlist

6 Likes

Solid song. It shares a title with the Mariah Carey holiday number, but it’s a different song.

Also, style choices were made for this video.

1 Like

2 Likes

Here are some video game music that sorta fit in this thread.

1 Like

Ah, the 80’s . . . I actually got to see The Weather Girls perform twice, once on a bill with A Flock of Seagulls and The Thompson Twins!

5 Likes

Anybody remember this song?

Oh, and here’s the cover version animated:

4 Likes

I always enjoy singing along to that song. I can never remember who sang it though. She just sounds like Teresa Brewer on helium.

Another favorite I like to sing along to is this – and the video even includes all the words!

2 Likes

And now for a grammar lesson in Christmas carol form…

2 Likes

Hooray for Santy Claus!

1 Like

I’ve already posted this to one of the other threads, but this could possibly qualify as a Christmas song.

2 Likes

How about a Christmas record with a MST3K connection (two, actually) –

2 Likes
1 Like

Because I am a Deadhead first and foremost… Jerry Christmas, everyone!

…and a little Bob Rivers silliness:

1 Like

And so wonderfully used in the end credits for this weeks episode of Hawkeye

Here’s one from an MST ep, The Girl in Gold Boots

Dylan

A bootleg from Simon and Garfunkel (covering a Tennessee Ernie Ford number)

and yeah I know this was mentioned in one of those ‘hate it’ threads, but I don’t care, I like it

1 Like
2 Likes

We played I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas for my daughter when she was a tiny baby. She just turned 7 and still loves it. We also have a Christmas ornament that plays part of the song. As vintage high-pitched Christmas novelty songs go, it’s not the worst.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Boney M - Mary’s Boy Child

Orion’s Reign - The First Noel (instrumental)

1 Like

That’s certainly different. Electro-swing. I’m sure none of them could reach the depth of Thurl Ravenscroft!

1 Like