How did anybody missed this error in mst3k the movie?

I’ve just watched MST3K The Movie after many years and I feel like I’m the only one who sees this. it’s where the first movie sign happens and as the camera gets close the the door labeled 5, you can see a crew member hand operating the door that’s on the bottom left.

16 Likes

Crew member? Or covert allusion to Manos?

13 Likes

The Crewing Hand. I think it’s attached to that door! :wink:

10 Likes

Nice catch, eagle eyes! It blends in so well I never noticed it until your post.

10 Likes

This may have been cut off in the theatrical release. I feel like I read - most likely on this forum- about movie theaters cropping movies slightly, trimming off the extreme top and bottom of the frame.

8 Likes

See the Today’s Laugh thread.

It’s Luke’s hand!! :scream_cat:

6 Likes

It’s not a bug. It’s a creature.

9 Likes

GET OUT!! GET OUT!!!

6 Likes

Mighty bold of you to assume it was an error.

5 Likes

*Extry-Bold

6 Likes

Wow, eagle-eyed indeed! I’ve seen this many times and never noticed it. I just found the scene and it’s definitely there – blink and you’ll miss it, it happens fast.

I noticed one the very first time I saw one of the Netflix episodes. You can see black gloved fingers pushing the landing gear through Jonah’s craft in the opening sequence:

To be fair, given the show’s reputation as a kit-bashed/homegrown affair, these both fit the ethos. Arguably a feature, not a bug. :wink:

16 Likes

I thought that was some kind of insulation when I saw it. D’oh!!

5 Likes

It was MST3K’s first foray into the wide screen format, so they weren’t used to the camera seeing so much. Besides, it’s MST3K, gotta expect some jankiness.

11 Likes

Finally! An answer to why we can’t get The Movie in the Gizmoplex.

5 Likes

Throw the whole darn thing out!

5 Likes

that was me, i’m sorry

[it wasn’t really me, I just had to say that]

4 Likes

What makes you think it was a mistake? The studio execs in charge specifically told them that if they wanted the movie to reach a wider audience in today’s movie market, they would have to show a little more skin than they did on the TV show.

7 Likes

The things you see when you take something out of NORMAL VIEW!

7 Likes

Happy Jack Russell GIF by Petsure UK

3 Likes

So B O L D !

2 Likes