I just noticed that Dr. Forrester's mustache has a gray streak in it. What details have you guys noticed rewatching episodes?

Like I said, I just noticed that there’s a gray streak in the mustache, so what weird details have you guys noticed rewatching episodes…

6 Likes

It’s so different watching some episodes that I had only seen in terrible VHS quality before. The details of Pearl’s first appearance in Bloodlust! (maybe some other early ones too?) are great. She has the green glasses, grey streak and the moustache just like her son.

3 Likes

I noticed that sometimes Dr. Forrester’s shirt cuffs seem to be attached to his lab coat and he’s wearing short sleeves underneath.

2 Likes

Joel’s jumpsuits are usually cut off at the knee.

2 Likes

I like to amuse myself by trying to identify the repurposed set decorations in the Sci-Fi era episodes.

6 Likes

Always love seeing the Millennium Falcon in there.

5 Likes

So how about this? It’s my memory that the Comedy Central version of Pearl Forrester also had a very faint white streak on her mustache, too. It’s very difficult to make out, though, due to the limits of SD back in the day. Then the Pearl redesign for SciFi did away with that and her glasses.

3 Likes

Jonah looks different compared to Seasons 11 and 12.

3 Likes

He lost a ton of weight.

3 Likes

And sometimes have a black patch from the right elbow up the back of that sleeve.

4 Likes

I wonder if that’s hiding a mic cable.

4 Likes

I thing I have noticed is how many times Mike Nelson was involved in various skits across the seasons before replacing Joel. No wonder he was able to take right over so well.

6 Likes

I’ve been listening to episodes on my earbuds and I’ve noticed lots of little under the breath riffs. Also I can hear the movie dialogue better.

4 Likes

Joel usually has on a red jumpsuit (like in the song) but sometimes he has on a green one, even in the opening.

Mike almost always is wearing a green jumpsuit, though sometimes it looks blue.

3 Likes

Well, he was also the head writer for several seasons before he took over. He knew the style well.

In the original Comedy Central and SciFi Channel run, pretty much everyone you see on screen was involved in the production in some other aspect. All the writers appeared in sketches frequently, but they’d rope in anyone involved with the show if they needed it.

6 Likes

Somebody put together a spreadsheet and showed that Joel wore other colors more often than he wore red. It’s in the forum somewhere.

7 Likes

SCHPLURNT!

3 Likes

In MUNCHIE (I tried to promise myself not to say the title of the movie again, but screw it), when you rewatch the scene with Dr. Donna St. Phibes, you can briefly see Deanna Rooney’s arm inside Baby Munchie. Those were one of the goofs I spotted.

6 Likes

When I rewatched The Beast of Hollow Mountain, I noticed Patton and Felicia starting to crack up at the end of the iceberg melter invention exchange. Patton tries to hide it by pretending to cry from being “burned”, but they’re both very clearly having fun with it and it’s cute!

8 Likes

I noticed that the earlier MST3K episodes with tv’s Frank have Dr. Forrester’s glasses brown or dark colored, but the later ones have his glasses green to match the lab coat.

5 Likes