I’m Not Crying, There’s Cinema in My Eye

You and I have so many of the same crying points but this essentially sums it all up for me too :sweat_smile::joy:

4 Likes

If anyone here really wants to avoid this sort of nonsense, you can check:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, that one got me. Such a beautiful scene and the camera pan up to “For Harold” Gets me just typing it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yup, that’s the exact part that triggers me the worst. I mean there’s other parts but if I make it through the rest that one always gets me. Don’t read into it :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

YES! I was completely not expecting it, but BAM! Kevin Smith surprised me completely. And not only one time, but TWICE in the same movie. And stupid me didn’t even see the second time coming! After the first 2 movies where anything but in that regard, I came to love the characters so much that I was hit right in the feels and overwhelmingly so. That is a very, very rare thing for me even once, even in a “tear jerker” which often does nothing for me, but Clerks 3 was a real tear jerker for this dude.

I wouldn’t expect a non-fan to even care, just watching the movie cold or even a light fan of the first two but a fan of my level, it was like FAMILY going through those scenes.

Ok, back to work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

GET THE EFF OUT OF HERE! I have that on DVD and it’s been on various streaming services, and every couple of years, I pull that out, and I freakin’ lose it! I consider it to be one of the most moving things I have ever witnessed. I read about B5 long before it ever hit TV, and watched it in “real time” since the first episode. So it was a 5 year journey getting to know those characters, and that last episode (which was filmed to be the last episode of season 4 as they didn’t think they’d get to do a season 5) was one of the most powerful things I’d ever seen in my life. I still haven’t seen many things that have topped it. Clerks 3 I just mentioned. Also totally agree on the end of Khan, the speech and “…human” always get me too. Looks like I need to watch top gun maverick and see my boy Val (Real Genius anyone?) since that was listed as one, and I can believe it.

5 Likes

NO way I can not post this one. The Next Generation episode titled “The Probe” is one of the top 5 of all time for me. Picard LIVES another man’s life, 40-50 or so years of it, and it’s so moving at the end, twice in 5 minutes, I just don’t have the words. It was just amazing to witness then, and even now at the rare times I watch it again, it still gets my feels all worked up. Love me some Batai and some flute!

6 Likes

If we are going to throw teevee in here as well, I have to mention the last couple episodes of Schitts Creek. Those get me everytime. Hell, I was reading the book that they made about the show and I was crying just reading about the making of those episodes.

7 Likes

I haven’t finished watching the series yet, so no spoilers now! :slight_smile:

Funny thing is, I “tunneled” into Canada to watch Creek before it was available in the U.S. I used Tunnel Bear VPN and used a canadian IP to watch the first season of the show. Then it became available in the U.S. via Pop channel or something like that. Anyhoo, haven’t finished the series yet, but now I’m actually looking forward to the ending rather than dreading it!

2 Likes

Wow, I haven’t thought of either of these in years, but I wholly agree. What Dreams May Come is brutal. In fact I think it also belongs in the other thread about movies that we can’t revisit. I don’t think I have it in me to watch that one again.

And Bicentennial Man? Also amazing. I think I’ve got something in my eye just thinking about that final scene.

Oh, good call. Schitts Creek in general is so good it had me tearing up all over the place. Hell, I got misty at the Rick & Morty episode where Morty lives a rich life and falls in love with a girl, then loses it all at the accidental press of a button.

And of course there’s the fossilized dog episode of Futurama

4 Likes

Yeah, the first 5 minutes of Up does it every time

I know it’s a rom-com, but Return to Me is the one for me

6 Likes

I teared up just reading the name of the show.

And don’t get me started on the cast sitting around the table and reading the letter they received in “Best Wishes, Warmest Regards.”

4 Likes

Hahah, only if JMS turns off the lights!

Yeah, that was the loveliest of gut punches.

And ya’ll, we are about to start Schitt’s Creek season 6 and you are freaking me out about the ending. I’m terrified that it’s going to emotionally wreck me.

I just need David & Patrick to have a happy ending. Not want, need.

4 Likes

Don’t be afraid. It’s good crying.

3 Likes

@McCloud mentioned this one briefly – I will never, ever, ever, ever ever ever watch the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama again. DAMN YOU

7 Likes

The first thing that comes to mind (and it immediately made me tear up as soon as I thought of it). The ending of “Cinema Paradiso” with Toto finding out what Alfredo had left for him.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Totally. It is so much tears of saying a fond farewell to characters that we have grown to love over those six seasons.

4 Likes

When I was a kid, the end of Return of the Jedi made me tear up a little because I thought it was the last time I’d ever see Chewbacca.

As a (nominal) adult, the end of Raising Arizona always gets me. I love the movie, but there are times when I will fight the impulse to watch it because I know it will make me sob ugly tears.

7 Likes