I'm Hired!

Congrats!:+1:

5 Likes

It’s Jam Handy!

4 Likes

At the very last minute I got pulled into running the merch booth for The Residents this week.

Come say hi! We’re in San Francisco through Wednesday!

8 Likes

Cool! I already have one of these :grin:

1 Like

Well you can get another!

Also I’m dropping the prices tomorrow. Gotta get rid of this stuff!

2 Likes

I’m also selling the last few copies (that are on hand, anyway), of this book with my name in it:

I offered to scratch out my name upon request, but no takers.

3 Likes

And now the other side of the tale…

:musical_note: I lost my job today! :musical_note:
:musical_note: Each day’s a holiday! :musical_note:
:musical_note: But my rent cannot be paid :musical_note:
:musical_note: I just got fired! :musical_note:

(Actually I’m fine on rent. That line is there for a humor joke.)

(And it was a 10% workforce layoff situation, not “you specifically are bad so get out” but I need to use “fired” for the song to be a parody of “Hired!”)

(And this was my proper normal job. The Residents didn’t fire me, though I realize looking at the thread that is the thing I was talking about most recently.)

(Do I use too many parentheticals? Maybe that is cause for termination. You know what, that second point may need to be updated.)

(Pfft. Ain’t gonna do that unless someone pays me.)

4 Likes

Well that sux.
I would say try the post office but I know how they’re worked, but the pay is pretty good :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Ugh, that sucks…

Hope you find something asap.

I’d suggest getting into freelance tech support, but the hair that hasn’t fallen out has gone prematurely white… so…

4 Likes

I only wish we could afford to pay you what you’re worth to overdub Matt McGinnis full-time.

6 Likes

In 2020 and 2021 I was in Zoom meetings with friends pretty much every week, and the past couple years they became very infrequent. And one time it had been like six months so I thought it would be funny to put baby powder in my hair to make it look like it had gone grey… and hot dang I looked pretty good. So white hair is not a deal breaker.

5 Likes