In memoriam…

Gee, Wally, this sucks and stuff.

8 Likes

This one hurts.

3 Likes

Now Hugh Beaumont can give him a good talking to in the sky.

3 Likes

He’s still alive in hospice care. There was a misunderstanding and he is still alive as of this moment, but obviously his situation is grave.

7 Likes

Still extremely sad

3 Likes
3 Likes

Unfortunately, reports of Tony Dow’s death were only slightly premature, and he passed away earlier today.

7 Likes

RIP to beloved Doctor Who star, Bernard Cribbins, who was 93.

16 Likes

So Charlie and me had another cup of tea and then we went home.:notes:

4 Likes

Woof. This has been a rough week.

3 Likes

We’re having what I call a Cool People Rapture, where it seems like a ton of cool celebrities die all at once.

An online friend of mine lost his husband yesterday morning. At least he’ll have a lot of interesting company while waiting in line at the pearly gates.

3 Likes

JMS tweeted a nice eulogy of Dow as a five(?)-time Babylon 5 director.

And it was great that Cribbins gained a whole new generation of young fans starting again with his role in Doctor Who. I remembered him from his relatively brief time in Corrie, but I hadn’t realized it until now that I had also seen him more decades ago in Space: 1999, as the creator of Brian the Brain.

6 Likes

Bernard Cribbins was a legend to so many generations. By the time of Space: 1999, he’d already had his own 12-part TV show and entrenched himself in the public consciousness with The Railway Children and The Wombles, plus a cameo on Fawlty Towers.

5 Likes

RIP Wilf.

4 Likes

Of course, the only appropriate gif response. He lasted almost 10 years to his last Doctor Who TV appearance, and will seemingly appear a year posthumous
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

7 Likes

NNNOOOO!!!

Not Bernard too! :cry:

2 Likes

Tony Dow… another part of my youth is gone. Loved ya Wally, you were a great big brother to that little goof.

3 Likes

Eddie Haskell beat him up there and his brownnosing all the angels…

2 Likes

Australian singer-songwriter Archie Roach.

2 Likes
7 Likes