Is an updated Amazing Colossal Episode Guide possible?

It would be fantastic to get an updated one–not least because I’ve nearly read the cover off my copy.

4 Likes

The cover is literally off on mine.

6 Likes

Mine is barely containing its loose pages and a bunch of Satellite Newses and some other junk.

5 Likes

They do tend to fall apart. It wasn’t the greatest binding. That’s probably driving the cost up slightly on the used OOP copies.

7 Likes

Yep, my copy is in pretty rough shape as well.

But, gosh, there are so many great memories associated with it along with reading it cover-to-cover countless times!

3 Likes

I may or may not have acquired a digital copy to save what is left of my hard copy.

3 Likes

I keep my old school MST3K Info Club Membership Card in mine.

I try not to handle it so much because I know it’s got those condition issues, but…

… therein lies the problem - it’s such a good read, that it’s really difficult to NOT flick through it.

7 Likes

So many good times reading about episodes I had zero access to and had hoped to be able to watch.

If only I could tell my younger self that almost all the episodes would one day be as easy to watch as we have it now.

3 Likes

Or treat it like the back seat of a Hikeeba. We can’t have nice things.

7 Likes

Man, I remember there was that joke on the back cover about buying two copies so we’d have one to read and one to vault away in pristine condition for eternity, if only we’d listened.

6 Likes

drake bell my feelings GIF

They knew… THEY KNEW!!!

9 Likes

twilightzone-toserveman

IT’S A RIFF BOOK!

A RIFF BOOK!

4 Likes

Welp, everyone’s talking about this book that I missed out on, so I went to my local ColossalMart (you wouldn’t believe how many things are named “colossal”) and picked it up along with another fun little work.

10 Likes

Along with sharing the word “colossal” in their titles, both of these books reference the phrase “Hix Nix Stix Pix,” though only one of them notes the correct origin.

4 Likes