Kinder, gentler MSTies - How we treat those associated with these movies?

Bruno VeSota was a terrific actor. His weight kept him from getting roles he deserved. He brought something to everything he was in and always gave 100%. I love him in Giant Leeches, I love him in Daddy-O, I love him in The Undead, etc.

3 Likes

I know the castleton guy who’s name escapes me premiered a sci fi flick in Boston a while back with Sean Young and Flash Gordon. I think he knew his audience were likely MSTies. They all seemed like it was just a fun experience. The movie was, well, it was the castleton guy. It could have been a really awesome TV show, though.

2 Likes

I love cheesy movies. No cheesy movies, no MST3K!

I think the closest the show has ever gotten to really laying in to them is with Corbett’s “angry” Crow, but even that was a guy holding a puppet playing a character. Well… I say that, but the Rick Sloane mockery in Hobgoblins was probably a little too far.

In interviews with Kevin Murphy he described Werewolf as “a gift from God”. That’s not how somebody would talk about a movie they hated.

2 Likes

Harold Ramis Dont Cross The Streams GIF by Ghostbusters

1 Like

I dreamed I met ‘Troy’ from Final Sacrifice once. Saw him as an adult on a Discovery Channel show about a guy and his Dad who’d survived a plane crash in the wild and I guess that made the dream happen.

Final Sacrifice was ambitious, no denying. I would love the chance though, to pick his brain about the experience. I’m sure there’s a good story in there or two.

2 Likes