Movies where one character gets killed in an exceptionally gruesome way...

Not a movie, but the trolley problem episode of The Good Place really caught me and my mom (who hates gory stuff) off guard. True, the deaths are in a simulation and nobody actually gets killed, but there’s still a good bit of splatter when the trolley hits the simulated people. Poor Chidi.

4 Likes

OH MY G—yeah, that’s a nasty one.

3 Likes

The Counselor

Brad Pitt getting slowly decapitated by a wire tightening his neck. That’s some slasher movie stuff right there. I actually passed out after watching that, no joke.

3 Likes

Never been a fan of death-by-acid, myself. There’s a scene in Arnold (1973) where a couple in a shower gets death-by-acid and another in Dead and Buried (1981) where a guy gets acid-from-the-inside-out death.

1 Like

Don’t watch Tokyo Gore Police.

2 Likes

This will be no help to anyone because I don’t remember the name of the movie, but it was an African adventure similar to King Solomon’s Mines. It’s a survival story of a white guy (of course) trying to escape brutal natives (of course). One of the guy’s fellow hunters was covered in mud while his arms and legs were wrapped around a pole. He was cooked alive rotisserie-style. I was young at the time and it left an impression on me.

Come to think of it, people torn in two by bent palm trees as in Tarzan Escapes is pretty rough too.

2 Likes

fruit craving GIF by SoulPancake

1 Like

I’ve seen this. I want to say Cannibal Holocaust but that wasn’t Africa, of course.

Well, that was surprisingly easy. It’s The Naked Prey from 1966. It was overall a good movie, from what I remember.

3 Likes

Oh, totes! Cornell Wilde! When I worked at Paramount there was a lady who had in her office a full sized standee of Cornell Wilde running in a loincloth.

I even like the remake, Apocalypto.

2 Likes

Licence to Kill had a lot of them. A couple are even MST3K-related! Like the guy who came to a dead end with the forklift. “They triiiied to kill him with a forklift (and succeeded)! Ole!” And don’t forget about poor Priscilla Barnes from Season 12’s Lords of the Deep!

3 Likes

The Naked Prey is an outstanding film.

2 Likes

One of the most memorable scenes from an Andy Sidaris movie and, shockingly, it doesn’t involve a single topless Playboy model.

2 Likes