October Synthia Selects prediction...

So, with October almost here and with it, the first ever Halloween episode, I got to thinking what October’s monstrous picks may be.

Some fun, classic ghoulish pairings might be:

The Mad Monster (or possibly Robot Monster)
The Unearthly
Bride of the Monster
Beast of Yucca Flats
Revenge of the Creature
The She Creature

One, unintentional aspect of these picks is that they are all Black and White films.

That was unintentional, but a choice given the desire to skip the “go to” episodes like Werewolf and Hobgoblins.

Thoughts?

9 Likes

For a color movie, what’s wrong with Being from Another Planet?

6 Likes

Apart from Revenge of the Creature not having streaming rights, that sounds very plausible. And I’d like to see some Season 1 representation with the Vault Picks. I was overjoyed when we got Moon Zero Two for the 2018 Turkey Day Marathon.

Maybe in Revenge of the Creature’s place, we get Monster a Go-Go? Perhaps Zombie Nightmare? Possibly The Touch of Satan?

5 Likes

I think Werewolf will be the tribute movie, and they’ll probably stick to movies that stick to the undead. Pity we can’t get Ring of Terror in there. Tormented could sneak in, though.

3 Likes

It would be really nice if Being from Another Planet or some other movie that isn’t so over-hyped were the tribute event, but I’m sure they’ve already decided it. Secret Agent Super Dragon last month was a nice treat. We’ll see if we get another one this month.

4 Likes

I agree with Zombie Nightmare. Maybe as a tribute special?

6 Likes

Entirely reasonable, since it’s a fairly recent movie and an interview with the featured talent wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility.

4 Likes

My hunch is that Hobgoblins is out of the running for a Synthia’s Select since it was a tribute episode earlier this year.

6 Likes

They did Zombie Nightmare as a watch-along last year, I think. I do love this episode, but I doubt that they’d spotlight it again so soon.

5 Likes

Ooh… good point. Werewolf would’ve been in a shoo-in if not for its earlier inclusion in the May Vault Picks.

6 Likes

With Joe Estevez as the special guest?? Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!!
:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

(I don’t care if we’ve had it as a Vault Pick already. This would be amazeballs. Yeah, I said it.)

3 Likes

Some other possibilities (going based on title, not licensing*):

The Touch of Satan
Devil Doll
Devil Fish
Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
The Corpse Vanishes
The Dead Talk Back

*or previous inclusion because I have the memory of a goldfish now.

6 Likes

We’d have to take these two off the table - Devil Fish was used in July for Mega Monster Month and Deathstalker was used in June for Supernatural Summer.

4 Likes

But Devil! Deathstalker! Hell! :unamused:

4 Likes

Looking over what’s available to them, and tossing out vaults picks and tributes…

For Joel they could do Tormented, Ring of Terror, Crawling Hand, or Being from Another Planet

Mike has several candidates including The Creeping Terror, Track of the Moon Beast, Screaming Skull, The Undead, Night of the Blood Beast and more.

6 Likes

Well, the four movies that haven’t been Selects before are all available in the Gizmoplex…

2 Likes

That still leaves us Devil Doll!

3 Likes

I have no pride riding on my guesses. No matter what we get, we all win. High five! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I did think about that…a a mummy/alien movie, but somehow that made me also think of Zombie Nightmare and that one has been done as a event last summer.

3 Likes

I also love how the host segments hardly have anything to do with the movie, but still find a way to tie the movie in somehow (Crow getting run over by Tom, the hot tub, the Batman costumes). They were very creative with it!

4 Likes