🦃 🦃 OFFICIAL TURKEY DAY OPEN THREAD: Join us, won't we? 🦃 🦃

Blatent rip off of Doctor Strange, long before Marvel would have cared.

4 Likes

I got that message too when I tried to make my post in ALL CAPS

3 Likes

It has Jeffery Combs, it doesn’t matter! It’s one of my fav Full Moon movies.

1 Like

So, instead of the TV version of Dr. Strange, they get Dr. Mordrid. Well, that’s on brand.
Who stars in it, Benny Winterbunch?
By the way, just got home. The roasting starts soon, and we don’t mean the movies

2 Likes

Tsk. Poor Doctor Fate. No one tries to rip him off…

3 Likes

It’s interesting that a lot of the S13 movies have higher ratings on IMDB than your average MST flick. Mordrid gets 5.7!

4 Likes

“Back then money was a lot of money” is my new phrase.

3 Likes

It’s actually a pretty entertaining low budget ripoff. Full Moon pictures was good for that.

2 Likes

6 Degrees of MSTification gets more and more interesting with each announcement.

4 Likes

She thinks I’m cuuuuuuuute.

4 Likes

Heh, the stuff I miss when I head off for the bathroom, no?

doctormordrid

DOCTOR MORDRID!

JEFFREY COMBS, FOLKS :smiley:

5 Likes

I can no longer trust a numeric rating system. It seems trite to point out the time they were riffing on critical consensus during Laserblast! but…

The internet has ruined the concept of objective critical ana… Im sorry, I’ll just leave it at “You should probably decide for yourself” status.

6 Likes

It’s a little funny - in the original run of the show, I seemed to have seen more of the movies before they turned up on MST3K than many other people on the web had. I’d seen The Screaming Skull, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, The Amazing Colossal Man, and some others when I was a kid.

The tables have turned and I’ve never heard of any of these S13 movies, and a lot of other people are familiar with them.

4 Likes

Critical reviews a’ la internet is a topic I will soapbox and die on

1 Like

Does the actor playing Caine Mero or whatever his name is ever open his eyes in this movie? I can’t remember.

1 Like

That MAY have been a tad impulsive, Wormy.

2 Likes

Corman didn’t have the resources for those kinds of special effects.

4 Likes

They had to pay the actor for each eye.

3 Likes

Oops. I thought this was the Munchies I was looking for…

3 Likes

I just dislike critical analysis that thinks criticism = negativity.

I really like hearing what other people thought when they talk about what they liked and what they thought could’ve been better or that they didn’t like.

Way too often internet commentary is just “36 reasons the new adaptation of X is the worst thing that’s ever happened.”

7 Likes