STAR TREK You Know It-You Love It-Let's Talk About It!

Just roll with it - it’s not like ST has been consistent as to canon. E.g. ‘First Contact’ directly contradicts TOS episode ‘Metamorphosis’ and we won’t even talk about ‘Turnabout Intruder’, please.

It’s just a show. Relax.

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Finally finished Picard and, although I think the ending is great, I hate that they mentioned Admiral Janeway and never showed Kate Mulgrew. Also, the throwaway line about Guinan wanting them to leave to cover up for Whoopi Goldberg not being in the show this season was needless lampshade-hanging.

The one thing we did keep saying in scene after scene once they got the old crew together was, “everybody gets a line.” Sounds like there were some contract negotiations behind the scenes.

1 Like

From The Roddenberry Archive, a short doc about the ship designs of all the various Enterprises.

4 Likes

1 Like

You had to bring up that episode? We couldn’t just forget about it? Permanently?

2 Likes

And now for something that was actually submitted to Slate’s advice column…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Very short follow-up to Star Trek: Generations made in partnership with the Roddenbery Archives. It’s pretty neat. And I didn’t even like that movie.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

but do they have jeffrey combs, that’s what i want to know

5 Likes

Jeffrey Combs was the most famous person to record at my little Burbank VO studio when I had one. When we went to lunch, a Radiohead song came on the radio and it was all he talked about for like 45 minutes. Nice guy, but obsessed with Radiohead a little too much.

3 Likes

I’m not a Radiohead guy but I would love to be trapped in a room with Combs letting him nerd out.

Surprisingly, I hear Stephen Tobolowsky (Ned! Ned Ryerson! BING!) is a big Nine Inch Nails fan.

5 Likes

He’s very professional overall and a very nice guy. The one thing I do remember is talking shop with him and at one point he said, “I’ll do a movie for $1000, but not if the script is sh–.”

EDIT: Also at that recording session was Tom Gulager, son of Clu Gulager. Also a very nice guy.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Arrrgh, I’ve got to get caught up on Lower Decks so I’m not staring at the crossover episode like:

3 Likes

We can safely rule out the season premier of SNW as the crossover episode after the cliffhanger that ended season 1, so you have one extra week of binge time. But after that, all bets are off.

2 Likes