Terrible Airline Seating of the Future!

Even they aren’t so diabolical!

2 Likes

This definitely has some bit of Invention Exchange vibes to it.

2 Likes

Just think how much more boned you are if you’re wheelchair-bound or elderly but still have the temerity to want to get on an airplane. GAH!! :angry:

3 Likes

The passengers of the 50’s/60’s had it so much better. If they only knew how good they had it…
8-40

We’ve effectively gone from Pan-Am to Panem

2 Likes

5 Likes

Oh yeah, there’s no way this is ADA-compliant.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Ah Thank You. :clap:

1 Like

This really makes me wish I had greenscreen videos from the show for photoshopping purposes.

1 Like

Thank you for flying Bonehead Air.
Bonehead Air. You are what you fly.

3 Likes

Kinga in the shot brings out just how evil this idea really is

4 Likes

To be fair flying was also far more expensive and dangerous then (What It Was Really Like To Fly During The Golden Age Of Travel).

But would it really be so hard to find a middle ground instead of $59 flights and a cattle car to jam yourself into?

4 Likes

I recommend you just…
DO WHAT I DO

And… hand paint every pixel. On second thought, don’t do that.

4 Likes

Not long ago I saw this movie, where people flew across the Atlantic on what was essentially a flying cruise ship - every passenger had their own cabin and could actually GO OUTSIDE ONTO THE DECK. While the plane was flying.

Apparently this was actually a thing, and I can’t even. . .

1 Like

That was NOT actually a thing. Airplanes weren’t big enough and now they fly too high. It’s a fantasy.

2 Likes

To be fair, at the time the movie was made pressurized aircraft hadn’t been developed yet — just look at most of the aircraft developed and used in WWII just a few years later. The plane in the movie was following a logical progression from a smaller flying boat to something more like an ocean liner (emphatically not a cruise ship!), which was about the only way for all but a very select few to cross the oceans at the time.

2 Likes

Right, I get that it wasn’t pressurized. That part is plausible. The giant airplane with sleeping cabins is not. I was saying NOW airplanes fly too high for that to work.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Apparently the first transatlantic flights weren’t until 1938, but would still be considered luxurious (and expensive!) by today’s standards.

2 Likes

There’s another transatlantic flight pre-1938 fantasy film but the name is escaping me at the moment.

1 Like

If you have the money, you can make almost anything work provided physics allow it. Still no balconies, though if you can punch a hole in a 747SP big enough for a 2.5m telescope

2 Likes