The 603: The Dead Talk Back Watch Party Thread!

Hello everyone! Welcome to yet another informal Watch Party where MSTies gather together to take in an episode from the Gizmoplex Vault!

Here is the episode I’ve selected for tonight’s presentation:

We begin at 7:00 PM Central.

I absolutely love this episode and I’m so excited to be hosting this tonight!

Thank you!

5 Likes

First!

Edit to add that for refreshment tonight I’ll be cracking open

Heavn’s Door is a collaboration with Bob Dylan.

Dylan toured with The Dead in 1987, and they also covered many of his songs outside of that tour.

3 Likes

6 Likes

This isn’t one I watch a lot because the movie is SUCH a slog. Looking forward to seeing it with y’all! Though I may have to drop off at 6 :frowning:

5 Likes

No one tell Mint the ending! Let it be a surprise!!!11 :wink:

Speaking of the dead returning, I haven’t finished a new picture in over a month, and that’s REALLY annoying. To me, at least.

But now finally getting some time to really work on something new. I’ll have the movie queued up though since it’s a fave of long-standing. Just don’t be offended if I don’t chime in very much.

3 Likes

Yay, I don’t have to work today, so I can watch along with you turkeys and with my new beverage, which I call The La-Z-Boy…electrolyte powder, water, and White Claw Surge, which is nearly tasteless and odorless, but doesn’t have as many calories as beer of the same percent alcohol (ABV).

2 Likes

All.Hail Philadelphia native Henry Krasner!

4 Likes

Good old Hank the Crank. He earned his name on the streets. Hank 'em and crank 'em, Henry!

So who’s going to count us down?

1 Like

I both do and don’t want to know why the “dizzy dame” in the Rifftrax Call It Free saga was nicknamed “Hank” by her husband.

The 1950s were really… inexplicable on SO MANY LEVELS.

1 Like

The Butler did it! :laughing:

1 Like

But it has such a cheery musical interlude in a host segment, as well as over the credits!

It really ties the movie together!

3 Likes

Central time!? What, are we watching this in Mississippi!?

This kicks off at 8 EASTERN, BABY!

2 Likes

There’s just something weirdly fascinating about this movie. Like, you just know this thing has stories. Good ones.

And there has to be a deeper reason why it was ditched in an editing machine for decades. Something went down.

Plus, there’s something cool about the fact mere months after it was finally released, it was on MST. It was as if fate wanted to bring these two together.

3 Likes

Maybe HBO was involved, and they had it whacked, and then claimed its inheritance?

1 Like

… Or at least they shook it down for it’s lunch money - a little too hard - and it wound up in a coma for decades.

3 Likes

Or maybe they just got really high and wandered off.

2 Likes

I’m here…let’s see if I can stream this!

4 Likes

Not even Arch Hall Jr could make this movie better

3 Likes

A watch-together-camp-along?

Like wow, man.

How are you making camping into a party, I wonder?

2 Likes