The Ink & Paint Club

This week on The Joy of Painting

8 Likes

Yeah, it is. The list of prompts is released in September, to give people some time to chew on ideas.

It’s a huge help, too. In previous years, I was going from blank page to full ink without looking at prompts ahead of time, all while also workin’ the 9-to-5 (where emergency interrupts can materialize at a moment’s notice). The drawings got done but everything was incredibly rushed, the end results look it, and motivation took a hit.

Since the prompts are known ahead of time, some artists use September to figure out what they want to do and pencil out some roughs. That way, they can devote Inktober to the ink. I gave that a try this year and, yeah, it’s a prime strat.

Of course, people can totally ignore the prompts if they want. As long as people are sitting down and getting creative, that’s all that matters.

3 Likes

Where are these prompts at?

1 Like

Great stuff.

Oooof. Yeah. Fun hobby but the chicanery we’ll put ourselves through sometimes…

Really? Huh. Their other stuff rocks pretty well. I like their clear acrylics a bunch; wish they’d expand their color range.

3 Likes

Yes, and that’s why I bought the primer b/c I was like “huh, im skeptical but…” and covered over minor details on a model that day :frowning:

2 Likes

Inktober’s official and permanent home is here.

Along with the list of 31, they also have Inktober52 if it’s easier or more desirable to focus on a drawing each week.

2 Likes

Oh. Hah, I only ever encountered it through Instagram. Thanks!

1 Like

Everyone’s so talented

I’d post my art but it’s mainly animu goils…

3 Likes

Go for it! It can’t be any weirder than my stuff

5 Likes

Peapod the pocket squirrel doesn’t stoke the fires of carnage and destruction for you?

Bob Ross GIF

6 Likes

He whispers of dark portends!

5 Likes

I was gonna say, he’s on the left shoulder!

Pee Wee Herman Vintage Halloween GIF by absurdnoise

5 Likes

Well, ipernity is still being a pill but DA is relatively cooperative. For now. Have an oldie since I hear you all really do like pie. (Also I’m still pretty fond of this one. Probably a moral failing of mine, but…)

3 Likes

I do like pie, and tricking foolish people, so…

2 Likes

[whisper:] The trick is that the “flaky” part of the crust is a faded photo of a salad. Just think of it as a Dollar Store GMO. :wink: [/whisper]

Was bugging me

4 Likes

Having fun with all that godzilla talk

Edit: fixed a mistake with the power of crop

5 Likes

Okay, a new one as of 3 AM. (When will I learn?)

Little Banana 9

There’s just something so comfortable about a square comp. I have to force myself not to only use that shape. Heh.

8 Likes

Weird but I have a strong urge for a banana

3 Likes

Hurry and stock up before they all go extinct!!

The rest of that series is over here.

3 Likes