Colouring Contest!

I thought it would be fun to colour the new t-shirt design! Let’s have a fun little “contest.” Nobody really wins, it’s just a fun excuse to colour! Uncoloured version in the comments!

Here is my attempt-

23 Likes

9 Likes

Oh yeah I’m gonna get in on this action. Maybe I can do this while I’m in this 7:30 meeting…

4 Likes

Me too, thanks for this !

2 Likes

I have no idea how you colored all that in so quickly. I spent half the meeting on mine and all I’ve got so far is:

• radioactive green cheese moon
  • naked Tom Servo
  • Timmy

11 Likes

Mine is going to take some time as I use colored pencils.

5 Likes

How do get them to stick to the screen?

3 Likes

That looks like the Colorforms set of my dreams!

5 Likes

I love that you went with Naked Servo though!

The way I got so much done is I made the line work an overlay layer and placed a gradient fill underneath. This allowed me to focus on the stuff that needed it’s own colour.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing that!

1 Like

This is so dope! I only know how to color in the lines. I am horrible at picking colors lol

1 Like

I went with some pastels and dots, lots of dots!

10 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

oh that is so clever! I decided to work in Photoshop instead of illustrator using Multiply for the color layer. Big blocks I’m using the paint bucket but for a lot I’ve got to brush over the detail.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic… we were in an art supply store today and they had this coloring book:

4 Likes

Just for the record, I had a job when I started this.

We’ll see if that’s still true when I finish

7 Likes

Yeah I used photoshop too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Naked Servo vs Timmy is done

(it was hard to do Timmy since Timmy is all black but I’m particularly pleased with how the shading on him turned out)

9 Likes

Yeah, I like the color transitions in the dragon’s breath, and the way you got the color of the Earth like planet.

1 Like

I’m always nonplussed how everyone seems to know what HPL monsters looked like since everything is ‘indescribable!’

(Which is also why I never found Lovecraft scary or interesting.)

4 Likes