Tips for the Hopelessly single...And General Romance stuff :)

Well, I have to assume after Robot Wars, you’re all set.

That guy was a complete tool and HE got Barbara Crampton! So, all you have to do is be a complete tool and…well, look, maybe bribe the screenwriter, that’s probably the fastest way to go.

6 Likes

Just watched an episode of King of the Hill where Boomhauer is supposed to be teaching Bobby how to pick up girls and he just…takes him to the department store and asks every single woman in the shoe section for her digits. And it takes 23 tries before a girl says yes. So I guess the lesson is to just…be persistent and keep playing the numbers? :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Idk haha

4 Likes

Pretty sure the lesson is don’t take dating advice from King of the Hill :joy:

Then again I had a friend in college who said “just put out the vibe to everyone and eventually someone will respond”, I assume he’s in jail now

3 Likes

Yeeeeeah you’re not wrong there :joy:

5 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

Mm-hmmm.

3 Likes

Tal’m bout takin no dang ol’ don’t take no dang ol’ datin’ tips from no cartoon show, knowwutI’msayin?

6 Likes

Boy, Howdy!

5 Likes

I used to watch Beavis and Butt-Head back in the 90s and how they were utter failures with chicks and could never score :rofl::rofl:
Funny thing, my new wife thought they were funny also! I think I got a keeper :grin:

6 Likes

On a similar subject…
What is the deal with people falling in love with and even marrying prisoners?!
I’m just not feeling that course for love interests :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

i think you should give online dating another go. that way you can develop a rapport before you meet in person to overcome the shyness. most of my college friends found their husbands through various online sites, and it took going through a lot of messages with different people until they found the one. if your messages didn’t get responses, maybe it’s worth revisiting what you were saying and trying a new approach?

do you have an idea of what you’re looking for personality-wise? that could also help narrow down the types of places you search too. i think some shared interests are important in a relationship, so the mst3k singles group suggested by another user does sound like a great start.

it’s a lot of hard work but you’ll find her yet!

3 Likes

I’ve found her with my first try, sadly she didn’t think the same way about me ;o). but at least we are still friendly :slight_smile: https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/274923504_10159499041695211_5302278915421193859_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=tCXubkTKjjgAX_7KdmW&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT__LIqxSKoApypAIQxcS2k2imK_GebxUntItX6XTQVZtQ&oe=624F2315

Mostly attracted to the basics. Brains, Beauty, Compassion, Logic. Girl Next Door. ala a sandra bullock type :). wouldn’t mind dating a nurse, a nasa scientist…etc ;o).

don’t really care if they are black, white, asian, indian. so long as they like me, and I like them, that counts :).

I signed up for the mst group today. we’ll see if it gets approved :).

5 Likes

I CAN FIX HIM MY LOVE HAS THE POWER

or something stupid like that

3 Likes

Now that I know you think you can fix me, I will naturally instantly resist any attempts. game on ;o)

2 Likes

If you put your picture link on a separate line, it’ll show up as a picture instead of a link.

2 Likes

ahh, that explains that. Was wondering why it didn’t work.

Also kind of glad. some sites remove personal pics, wasn’t sure on the policy here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

there are lots of brainy msties so i hope you find what you are looking for in the group! otherwise, maybe a book club or a gamers/gaming night? do people hang out in the comments of twitch streams?

3 Likes

pretty sure even beavis and butthead are doing one up on me at this point. they’ve seen the mythical promised land :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just got approved for MSt3K singles. giving a quick browse on the members list to test a theory, and it seems that it’s about 90% men :). oh well, maybe they know someone like minded :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is the spread among fans at large?

1 Like