Turkey Day Vignettes Poll/survey

I’m just wondering, with the potential of a new Turkey Day, what kind of host segments/interstitials between episodes do people like more:

1. The “in universe” story driven Turkey Day host segments (this would include Frank trying to host a dinner party - with Forrester trying to take over the world in 1991, Forrester feeding Frank a whole turkey throughout 1992’s marathon and Forrester trying to host a dinner party, with some crazy guests, before Pearl arrives in 1995).

Or

1. The less scripted, real life actors sitting to introduce each episode. This is more or less the format we’ve had since 2013. This certainly can still have the Bots or hosts in them, but are a bit looser and less driven by a “story”. This could also kind of overlap with 1993’s costume party at Debbie Tobin’s house and Adam West (as himself) hosting the 1994 marathon.

If you have to vote for one or the other, which would you prefer?

I personally love the story driven bumpers.

I could easily imagine a story driven Turkey Day set of bumpers where the mads, inside the Gizmoplex, are running around trying to create the perfect viewing order to trap people inside “the first theater on the moon”.

• Story Driven Turkey Day Bumper
  • Non story narrative Turkey Day Bumper

0 voters

4 Likes

I like the looser feel better because they can do more. The more tightly scripted narrative Turkey Day bumpers are fun, but they’re also gone much sooner because they can really only be so long. I get the idea that with the more recent Turkey Days, they just have a goal they want to accomplish in every segment and however they get there is fine which, with funny folks, can be a ton of fun.

2 Likes

You can make a poll. It’s under the gear symbol in the text box.

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads up on that! I included a poll now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will always treasure the Jack Perkins bits.

4 Likes

SOOOOOOOOO good!

2 Likes

My favorite is any format that has a drunk Jack Perkins :joy:

3 Likes

I do like behind the scenes chats but I much prefer the ambience of characters enjoying time together… or trying to.

4 Likes

My all-time favorite sequence is the 1991 Turkey Day sequence with Forrester trying to conquer the world as Frank makes a fuss over dinner. That made the MST Scrapbook seem even more special to watch.

I mean, I’m fine with either story-driven or non-story-driven bumpers, because, you know, MST3K, but that was some terrific fun.

Joel and Jonah hosting a Turkey Day was a lot of fun, too.

2 Likes

I know it’s ridiculous, but for some reason, I have always loved the 1992 bit of Frank having to eat an entire turkey.

I love that it was just Frank and Forrester and that simple setup to guide us through 30 hours of MST. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:smiley:

Those themed turkeys were a hoot.

2 Likes

Right?! Always made me chuckle.

I really would love if a future Turkey Day does similar things.

2 Likes