Weekly Update, 9/27 -10/1: PROPSAPALOOZA! Shipping updates! And so much more!

Yesterday was my birthday and reading that update felt like a bit of a gift!

It was with surprise and joy that I read, “This week, we’ve also been working with Joel on some special scripted segments for this year’s Turkey Day Marathon… We don’t want to give too much away, but you can expect this year’s Turkey Day to reveal some major details about Season 13 that you won’t want to miss.”

It warmed this werewolf’s heart so very much since I actually posted a poll about this very topic:

https://forums.mst3k.com/t/turkey-day-vignettes-poll-survey/1949

I’m sure those segments will probably just be the set up for whatever Season 13 will be but…

It also made me wonder if there is ANY possible chance this year’s Turkey Day could end with the reveal of the first new episode for season 13?!

It’s probably a huge, impossible longshot given the insanity that would require the production to have an episode be shot, edited and ready to air so soon, but that would be awesome.

Imagine a Turkey Day with scripted bumpers that played in between all the “classic” episodes which lead to the reveal of a brand new episode at the of the night.

That would keep with the tradition of how Turkey Day in '92, '93, '94 and '95 played out.

At the very least, maybe this Turkey Day will end with the reveal of a new short.

I’m hoping soon they release a schedule for the new season. Not necessarily what episodes are coming out (though great sleuthing work on “Beyond Atlantis”), but rather when they will start and if there will definitely be one new full episode a month.

What would be great would be an alternating, staggered release of shorts and episodes each month so that, every two weeks for a full year, we would get some new MST 3K content.

So excited for the future!

2 Likes