Unexpected gift

Yeah, that’s the same story, but I got some of the details wrong. I thought it was in an airport, but it was actually in a hotel lobby, and I forgot that Kevin wasn’t the only one there. It would have been funny if it had happened more than once, though :joy:

This story probably makes it harder for Kevin to refuse dinner invitations from fans…

4 Likes

Vonnegut was about as big a misanthrope as you can get, so I can’t exactly say I’m surprised by this story. “They want to be in my company? I hate company.”

2 Likes

Oh, I think they all enjoy the story, perhaps at least as much as they’d have enjoyed spending time with Vonnegut—who, I want to note, does a cameo in Rodney Dangerfield’s Back To School—and it would’ve been awesome if they ran into him all over the place, only to have him lie to them every time about being previously engaged.

5 Likes

He gave the rest of us so much hope. Lonesome no more! Go ahead and chain smoke! Get captured by nazis and firebombed by “Bomber” Harris! You might live to 84!

4 Likes

You know, Prince once met a girl in a hotel lobby…

3 Likes

You can still pickup a good copy here if you’re interested. I got mine here used a few years ago.
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-mystery-science-theater-3000-amazing-colossal-episode-guide_michael-j-nelson_kevin-murphy/293660/item/3816742/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjIKYBhC6ARIsAGEds-Id_pMeKPjsJiqto74ncyzXcRbga1QdD4typhUG9RG5v0A3MGFvHrcaAo2aEALw_wcB#idiq=4651162&edition=2750439

1 Like

AND a Coffee Achiever. What more could you want out of a literary giant?

2 Likes

Get it to a proper binder. They’ll do an amazing job on it!

5 Likes

Definitely a solid idea, that. That would be useful for a lot of Amazing Colossal Episode Guide owners here, what with how heavily we read that!

Also, welcome to the forums! :smiley:

3 Likes