MST3K in the Wild (random props n parts!)

Mods, you can merge this if you need to, I couldn’t find the right place for props.

BUT! Yesterday, while checking out a vintage toys/collectibles shop, I spotted a pristine Battle Bones on the highest shelf! (That means too expensive, but still.)

Now, why is this important? Because the He-Man Battle Bones toy was what the MST3K crew used to make the Demon Dogs in Season 1. And crimony, I loved those little guys.

Aztec+7

I still want to make one of my own, but the guilt of ruining a nice collectible would be too much. I’m hoping for 3D scans someday. Yes, I know that’s extremely niche, but everybody has a thing like that what appeals to them.

Anybody else find something like this in the wild, unexpectedly? I went in that place for candy and simple browsing, then ended up explaining this entire prop and episode synopsis to my sister who was with me. XD Whoops.

12 Likes

You misspelled “creating a masterpiece.”

8 Likes

Value added, dude, value added!

9 Likes

Lol. I keep hoping that the woman who won a Demon Dog eons ago is quietly lurking here and just waiting for the right moment to emerge, prize still mint-condition and on the mantle next to an Awkward Moments figurine or something…

6 Likes

Also, as per Toy Story 2, I’m sure that thing would rather be your well-loved demon dog than sitting in a display case in Japan (or wherever)

ETA: various ones available on eBay in a large range of prices.

3 Likes

I’m going to end up chasing one of these down just so I can make the Demon Dog of my dreams. XD Thank you!

8 Likes

Be sure and post pictures when you’re done!

6 Likes

Also, I really like how y’all think. :heart: You are my people.

6 Likes

I wonder if something like a Plastidip peelable coating would do the trick (look good as a Devil dog and be reversible if anyone ever wanted the original look?)

5 Likes