We Made Demon Squad. AMA.

Cooties, duh. :wink:

We just thought it was sorta funny for them to be constantly derailed.

10 Likes

How long have you been interested in filmmaking?

5 Likes

I’ve loved movies since I was a kid, got interested in writing in high school, and tv and film production my sophomore year of college. So 20ish years.

7 Likes

I imagine to please the ideal audience:

9 Likes

I was actually surprised that the distributor didn’t insist on boobies. I usually assume that’s a requirement in any contract for a direct-market horror movie. I guess the Avalanche drones can stay mothballed a bit longer.

5 Likes

Has anyone else from the movie stayed in TV/film/media/entertainment?

4 Likes

Yeah, there were parts where I was so focused on the movie I lost the riffs… but they got soooo good in the latter half.

8 Likes

That sounds like a topic branch if I ever hearda one: Movies so good not even MST3K can riff them.

7 Likes

I was telling my husband that even though it was a lower budget, the makeup, prosthetics and costumes were quality and must have cost a bit. Bravo on that.

8 Likes

That raises the question of whether you have any favorite riffs from the episode, or if any of them were particularly apt? Like the line about the former Pizza Hut actually being a former Pizza Hut.

7 Likes

Honestly, this movie felt like something right out of the Buffy universe. Nick even dressed like Doyle from Angel. Showed it to my friend who got me into Buffy in the first place, and she was like, “Oh my god, this is totally Buffy!!” Definitely gonna write a crossover fic someday lol

12 Likes

That’s really quite impressive what you guys were able to make on such a tiny budget, especially with all the demon make-up.

Necessity is the mother of invention and one of the things I often find most interesting in commentary tracks is when filmmakers reveal the creative ways they found to make their film a reality. Were there any moments of inspiration or ingenuity during the production of the film that allowed you to get around budgetary or technical limitations that you’re particularly proud of?

9 Likes

Count me among the viewers who were utterly charmed by the movie last night.

So now that MST3K has propelled your movie to top cult movie status, any chance of a sequel?

11 Likes

I’m absolutely putting “Grunge Moneypenny” on a shirt. The Cheers sketch was amazing. Men’s Wearhouse Repo Man is a favorite. We laughed through the whole thing.

18 Likes

I don’t have a question yet, I just wanna say that the guy who played The Stranger crushed it. Favorite character in the movie.

12 Likes

:point_up:t3:
Absolutely this! He was right on the money at being memorably evil without going for over the top campiness. What was his name and has he done more movies?

8 Likes

Different areas, yeah. Mostly crew. A few are working behind the scenes of production and post full time now.

7 Likes

Men’s Warehouse Repo Men absolutely killed me.

Those henchmen were inspired by the suited androids in Halloween 3, but were supposed to look more like embalmed, waxy, living Ken dolls. Our imagination was bigger thanbour budget, though.

14 Likes

Absolutely loved Doyle. RIP Glenn Quinn. :sleepy:

8 Likes

The portal sequence in the finale gave us pause. Wire work would have been great, but impossible for us. I think we were able to accomplish a lot with a leaf blower and flickering lights.

14 Likes