Weekly Update for 1/17-1/22: Virtual Set Visit news, and reward shipping updates!

Ok so now that we’ve decide season 14 is riffing cooking shows of all sorts, how do we break this to Joel?

3 Likes

It’s spelled SAMMITCH!!!

1 Like

It’s hard to beat a nice, simple cheeseburger. I like me some roast beef, corned beef or pastrami sandwiches too. For desert: Definitely peanut butter or Nutella!

(Great update too! Thank you!)

1 Like

Oh yes, with some horseradish and a perfect au jus, that’s some fine eatin’!

One other favorite sandwich that apparently was invented right here in Richmond - the Sailor. It’s essentially a nice pastrami sandwich with knockwurst. I still get it at the restaurant that claims to have come up with it, too.

1 Like

Oh lord you just reminded me of Tony Luke’s!

I’m updating my answer. The roast pork sandwich at Tony Luke’s is the best sandwich.

2 Likes

This is truly The Sandwich for a very sandwich-centric city, and even as a tourist I hope no extra tourists discover it

4 Likes

If and when there’s a third Conventio-Con-Expo-Fest-A-Rama: Tokyo Drift and if it takes place in Philly, then we all need to go for Roast Pork sandos and raisin snails.

1 Like

Is a gyro a sandwich?

There’s a place here that makes them stuffed full and with garlic sauce instead of tzatziki, and they are wonderful.

4 Likes

Sandwiches are wonderful.
Gyros are wonderful
Ergo gyros are sandwiches.

4 Likes

I’ve become quite fond of the cheesesteak. I’ll order one even if it is prefixed with “Philly.” I also drink k-cup coffee, so there you go. But that sub BETTER have mushrooms on it, and peppers and onions are also required. And if you try to put lettuce or mayo on there, so help me GOD, I will burn down your sandwich shack. In my heart.

We’re shockingly and consistently on topic with the sandwiches. I thought I was going to have to remind people to shut up about the update, but we’re still talking sandos. Well done, ere’body.

3 Likes

Roast pork with broccoli rabe and provolone is an amazing sandwich. I’ve never had one from John’s or DiNic’s, but there’s a Philly transplant with a restaurant in south Florida that makes a damn fine one.

3 Likes

That’s it. I’m finding this sandwich when I get to Philly next week.

6 Likes

You don’t smoke the RI kind.

2 Likes

Oh, there’s one more favorite sammich of mine I forgot to mention. A Philly cheesesteak. Those kinds of BEEG sandwiches are a real banger.

2 Likes

How does that pair with PB?

2 Likes

Good plan! There are a few Tony Luke’s locations now but I’m pretty sure this is where I went, though of course, that was 20 years ago. I distinctly remember it being right next to a freeway overpass.

The Original Tony Luke’s, 39 E Oregon Ave

2 Likes

Were you successful, and if so what did you think?

1 Like

I was NOT. :tired_face: The last week was intensely busy. I did get cheesesteaks from D’Alessandros twice though.

5 Likes

At least you got to eat SOMETHING at Philly. Meanwhile, I had a homemade beef cheesesteak last night.

3 Likes

Dalessandro’s is a solid choice.

1 Like