What are you cooking?

Gotta stop lurking at midnight…

1 Like

Do not let anyone talk you into eating Rocky Mountain oysters. :wink:

As mentioned, if you’re looking for fresh produce Boulder has a great farmer’s market. Colorado is also known for peaches, cantaloupe, and sweet corn.

If you are interested in game meat, a lot of people hunt, so elk, deer, and pronghorn are available.

The Denver Metro has all sorts of ethnic restaurants that are amazing. The next time Denver Restaurant Week comes around try a few out. It’s not just places in Denver. Restaurants in Boulder, Westminster and Louisville are listed too.

Some of the best ice cream is found at Sweet Cow in Old Town Louisville. Right next to it is a really good pizza joint called Lucky Pie.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, no, I picked up the oyster thing from Carl on Aqua Teen decades ago… Also I’ve got that East Coast paranoia going for me. By the way, stay safe MST3K team.

I really need to check out the farmers market, since youre adult #3 to mention it around here.

I visited Estes a few times, and I went to the Garden of the Gods and made a deer angry by existing.

4 Likes

When I visited Denver last spring @LadyShelley pointed me toward the best coal-fired pizza I’ve ever had. The wings are no slouch, either. Highly recommended.

6 Likes

Blueberry cobbler with the last of this season’s very best teeny tiny wild Maine blueberries. It’s going straight into the freezer with the vanilla ice cream for Turkey Day.

10 Likes

Made this last night. Super simple and tasty (if you like garlic).

7 Likes

I already et up the spray cheese and crackers, so this is my inspired meal before retiring for the evening.

2 Likes

Hey!

Do you love pie?

Do you want more than just one pie for Thanksgiving, but both you and your husband are diabetic, have no kids and no family to share with??!?

Then do i have the product for you!!

I present… the double half pie pie-pan!!

Make two delicious pies but only one pie pan!

(Half pumpkin, half apple crumb)
(with Granny Smith apples… they are the best in pie. Fight me!)

8 Likes

I’d have you tag along with me but there’s that whole distance factor. Tsk!

3 Likes

inspecting everything beautiful is far away GIF by The Orchard Films

4 Likes

I’m proud to declare I like pie, but I’m not sure I’d go so far as to say I love it

6 Likes

I consider myself pie-sexual
I can go either cake or pie

5 Likes

And with that, I can officially declare that I know a couple guys.

6 Likes

A-hem: Anyone need a place to eat/hang for the Thanksgiving holiday?

Not sure where you live, but open invite!

perhaps Wisconsin??

6 Likes

I am emphatically pro-pie. Cake is just a delivery vehicle for icing, nobody wants the actual cake.
Pie don’t lie, it’s all about the filling and flaky, buttery crust.

5 Likes

:notes:
Dessert time: Cake or pie?
Stumped by the choice? Not I
I’ll take both cake and pie,
I really can’t say why
Oh wait, I can: I’m high

:notes:

6 Likes

No love for Stargazey Pie, I assume?

3 Likes

GET OUT