Who do you want to see become Doctor Who?

Aaaaaaah, I see. I don’t keep up, so I didn’t know who number 14 was.

1 Like

Tennant is Doctor 10.1.

2 Likes

No, you’re correct, it’s a mess. It seems like they could have made it simpler by making Tennant an interim stage of the Whittaker-to-Gatwa regeneration, conveniently just long enough to host or “main Doctor” the few 60th anniversary special episodes.

I can think of several reasons to make this a new incarnation or “Doctor number”, but outside of contractual, legal or similar reasons, they require Tennant to play a very different personality than his Doctor #10, or even than any previous numbered Doctor.

(We did all see the news that all new Doctor Who seasons will be exclusive to the Disney+ streaming service, right?) Not joking. (excluding domestically in the UK and apparently Ireland.)

1 Like

I wish we colonials had the option to pay the license fee and get full real-time access to the BBC.

3 Likes

I worry for Ncuti Gatwa. I mean, knowing how fans are, how will they adjust to a Doctor with a mustache?

2 Likes

I’m okay with that. I never had HBOMax, but I do have D+. And Disney is not producing the show, all they are is a distributor.

2 Likes

I’d… missed that.

What?!?!

The Doctor, "what?!?!" GIF

1 Like

I know this isn’t the deal but I’m kind of hoping Disney flexes it’s muscle so it may also distribute all the classic episodes.

2 Likes

It would be nice.

2 Likes

Britbox is a fairly cheap subscription.

2 Likes