308. Gamera vs. Gaos (1967)

That it was! It was filmed in Madrid and directed/co-written by Spanish director Juan Piquer Simon.

As per TV Tropes, Tommy was voiced by a woman, which explains what we hear in the final product.

Heh, and good point! With everything else going on with that movie, the dubbing was the least of its worries!

Which would be in the Gamera Vs. Guiron territory there.

With Gamera Vs. Gaos, that gives us the bat-alien getting drunk on blood fountains and trying to laserblast Gamera, while we’ve got stuff going on with the real estate subplot, the village labor dispute story, and Gamera’s new buddy, Itchy.

6 Likes

Gamera vs. Gaos (1967). KTMA.

4 Likes

“‘make a fountain of blood’–what was I thinking?”

This episode is pretty fun–a nice middle ground between the self-seriousness of VS. BARUGON and the cinderblock on the gas pedal madness of VS. GUIRON.

2 Likes

This might be my favorite of the Gamera episodes. I like the original and Vs. Barugon actually seemed aimed at adults. But this one, despite the goofy fountain of blood, might be the best overall. It’s just fun. Plus it stars Reiko Kasahara, who was in at least three Gamera movies ( and I happen to share a birthday with her). She’s recognizable in this, vs. Guiron, and Vs. Zigra.

6 Likes

I liked the Raspy Voiced Celebrity opening sketch, but after that when we see Gypsy’s “impression” of NBC Sunday Night Mystery Movie she just… came in and out like a ghost, which shocked and confused me.

3 Likes